The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Guantanamo ruling no victory for Hicks > Comments

Guantanamo ruling no victory for Hicks : Comments

By Ted Lapkin, published 4/7/2006

The US Supreme Court has not entirely repudiated the principles of Guantanamo.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All
Meanwhile an innocent man is subject to the most disgusting and degrading conditions. R I P Democracy
Posted by aspro, Tuesday, 4 July 2006 11:35:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What is wrong with the Aus gov and US reconising the second page of our passport "The Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second,request all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without fet or hinderance and to afford him or her every assistance and to afford him or her every assistance and protection of which he or she may stand in need." dispite of what he has done, dispite of latter change of nationality why has our Government not honored our passport declaration and assisted him.
Posted by Poster, Tuesday, 4 July 2006 11:49:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Red obviously the US was leading the way in 1899 invasion of the Phillipines were you sent your good old Boys fresh from the Indian campain to socially adjust the Phillipinoes as I read it was no worst than Nanking. US leads the way hey.
Posted by Poster, Wednesday, 5 July 2006 12:26:31 AM
I am no fan of David Hicks, but can I ask, what happened to the American found fighting in the same war?
Has he been to court?
John Howard you should be ashamed Sir! after all this foolish man is Australian.
My real fear is under your goverment America thinks for us.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 5 July 2006 7:06:18 AM
Yes the "American Taliban" as he was dubbed, was given a full criminal hearing, found guilty and sentenced to a term of imprisonment IIRC.

He is certainly no more free than David Hicks is, BUT, some people don't seem to understand that due process does not equal letting someone go free. The American citizen got that justice, the evidence for and against was heard and a decision as to guilt and innocence was made by an (by first world standards) impartial court.

The very fact that one of them has already been tried by the established legal system without problems shows that it can be done.

So question, why does the current liberal government behave as though the Australian citizen should have less rights to due process and a court of law than the American citizen received?

Husmusen
Posted by Husmusen, Wednesday, 5 July 2006 9:15:09 AM
I hope Hicksie makes it home with what's left of his mind intact.

It's not who he is, nor what he may have "done", but what he represents that has them running scared. He represents a part of the great unravelling.

- just as Mandela was the beginning of the unravelling of the South African government, which had become totally corrupted in it's efforts to remain entrenched, so long after it's use-by date.

To dwell upon Hicksie in isolation is to be blind to the sea of criminality in which he floats.

Guantanamo is a node in the CIA network (Prof McCoy):

"Guantanamo is not a conventional military prison. It's an ad hoc laboratory for the perfection of the CIA psychological torture. Guantanamo is a complete construction. It's a system of total psychological torture, designed to break down every detainee contained therein, designed to produce a state of hopelessness and despair that leads, tragically, sadly in this case to suicide."

Now, simply Google "CIA + drugs" and you will find out how the CIA supplements it's already bloated black budget. Google "Afghanistan + opium" to find out how their latest investment is appreciating.

In order to make this work, a covert system of transport and distribution is required which can island-hop across national boundaries and avoid inspections. Such a system exists.

It is called "RENDITION". Get it? Game, set and match.

If you had been to Northern Afghanistan in person, you might even know something of this operation first-hand. It makes you think, doesn't it?

Alexander and the DFAT boys, if you are reading this, I want that boy brought home in one piece. In ONE PIECE. Got it?

Go Hicksie - you little bewdy!
Posted by Chris Shaw, Carisbrook 3464, Wednesday, 5 July 2006 9:40:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All