The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The assault of AIDS - there are no parallels in history > Comments

The assault of AIDS - there are no parallels in history : Comments

By Harry Throssell, published 30/6/2006

The AIDS crisis: chronic poverty, hunger and orphans - the UN has failed lamentably.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
The major barrier to fighting AIDS in Africa is a cultural one. African men still insist on having more than one wife with the natural concomitant problems that flow from that. Efforts to change this practice by agencies from Western countries have been met with accusations of trying to reintroduce imperialism.

Fighting AIDS in Africa might prove to be a sisyphean task.
Posted by Sage, Friday, 30 June 2006 2:56:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sage says, that the major barrier to fighting AIDS in Africa is due to African men. Sage attributes this to being because they [men] insist on having more than one wife. Yep, it's men's fault again, says Sage. And of course, all African women are such sad, downtrodden, underclass victims of those nasty, filthy, AIDS infected men.

Are we to believe that the African male/female population ratio is more than 1:1? Perhaps it's 1:2 or more. How is it that there are so many surplus women floating around in Africa that all men can get to have more than one wife?

And how is it that these African men can afford to have more than one wife? Are they all so fabulously wealthy?

And if they are all so fabulously wealthy and have multiple wives "on tap" 24/7, why do they have to go outside their own blissful marital harems and get infected by AIDS from low life hookers and street trash?

No way!

There is absolutely no way that I'm going to believe this sort of "blame all evil on men" rubbish. I have no idea where Sage obtained this notion, but if it was from the UN, or Amnesty or UNIFEM, then I suggest that Sage try a more trustworthy source of information.

Information from these sources is notoriously bent by ideologues and spin advocates - probably a more rational explanation of why the UN has failed to do anything significant about AIDS in Africa. The UN is an organisation that spruiks a lot, but they don't actually get anything done.
Posted by Maximus, Friday, 30 June 2006 6:22:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't think this is a battle against the sexes. This is a battle of strategy. The strategy to contain AIDS in Africa using the American ABC system of education, that is, Abstainance Before Condoms, didn't work. The United States and the bible belt pushes the ABC principle. It is a principle on religion rather than on outcomes in epidemiology. Thailand and Asia have been more pragmatic using the Australian CCC system, that is, Condoms, Condoms, Condoms. That is, saturate the place with condoms and push condoms as much as possible, and regulate prostitution to make sure they actually wear them. That is practicle.

The strategy to contain AIDS in the Australia is the hallmark to this system, something we did right, the US has stuffed up, and therefore stuffed up Africa.

Australia has managed to contain HIV to a minority group. So has Thailand. Does anyone give our gay men and prostitutes any credit for being so disciplined over the last 20 years, compared to their counterparts in other countries? Of course not. Mainstream Australia blames them for being responsible as they remain the only group under scrutiny by virtue of their own succuess in containment. This is their sacrifice. Few give our minority groups credit for being responsible for over 20 years of discipline, under close Government scrutiny and intense education. It worked. In comparison to other countries, we are doing OK with our formula. Thank you guys. You have done the right thing by Australia. Look at the mess in the US, and in Africa. They used the wrong strategy.

Lets not get moralistic about this, lets not turn this into a blame game, and lets look at what works, what does not work, and just do it.

We don't have the luxury to get all holier than thou and philosophical in such a serious issue that has the potential to destroy the African population.
Posted by saintfletcher, Friday, 30 June 2006 9:47:56 PM
Well said saintfletcher.

I am amazed at how much ignorance there is about aids in the world. In the US I shared a house with a girl who moved in gay circles and I was surprised at how many of her friends had HIV. Backpacking through Africa I met an English girl about to start a nursing degree, she did a six months stint as a nursing TA and regulargly got covered in blood. When I asked her if she wasn't worried about aids, it turned out she had no idea you could get it from blood. In Vic Falls the local tour guides and rafting staff slept with many of the western backpackers and told them it was racist to use condoms. Obviously it was only hearsay but I did get the distinct impression that a lot of unsafe sex was 'enjoyed'. I also met a farmer in South Africa who was planning to switch to deer farming as he expected a labour shortage as aids took root.

In Indonesia I took part in a big social hockey competition with a condom manufacturer as head sponsor. Jakartas international hockey was festooned with large banners sporting images of smiling condoms with hockey sticks. Similarly in Holland and Singapore there were lots of ads on TV saying that you should sort out the condoms while you are still dressed.

The problem with ABC is that the B makes you a hostage to your partners B. If your partner indulges in unsafe sex you are put at risk yourself, only the A&C can save you in that situation.
Posted by gusi, Saturday, 1 July 2006 5:12:13 AM
That is amazing that a nurse didn't know that about blood. She was actually at more risk to Hepatitis B and C, and they are nasty too. Not to mention all the other lurgies in Africa. Although most nurses are vaccinated against hepatitis B.

I've been thinking about why it is that women are the most vulnerable in Africa. If they are culturally sheltering women from this information, they need to get over that one quick smart.

The African women are either trusting each man at his word, are ignorant of the danger the sex poses, don't care as they have low self esteem, or just need the money. The men may not know they are infected either and just want a good shag.

I know they have that notorius truck highway through Africa where women are being infected by truck drivers who pass from country to country. Again, the women either trust them, don't care, low self esteem, or need the money. Again, the truck drivers may not know that they are infected, and are spreading the virus every day with every encounter. Also, when people are economically desperate or have low self esteem, they tend to go into self denial and forget the rules of keeping themselves safe from AIDS anyway. Containing the thing is really complicated, and Africa simply does not have the resources to begin to deal with it.

Condoms must always be available, and abstainance can be a piped dream in a place like Africa. Their leaders dream of a fools paradise, but their people are still dying horrible deaths in a depressing reality. There is also the cultural development need of educating the women, not just about self respect and the choice of condoms or nothing, but to have the self respect to care for themselves, as valuable members of their countries future, in the firstplace.
Posted by saintfletcher, Saturday, 1 July 2006 2:20:46 PM
There is interesting statistic in the figures on HIV levels throughout the world. It is the HIV levels in the Islamic countries, they are said to be below 0.1% in almost every case. Does this indicate stoning for opportunity sex is a successful deterrent or are their statistics inaccurate. I think there is a lesson here for the west. Does anyone have a comment.
Posted by SILLE, Saturday, 1 July 2006 3:28:23 PM
The "nurse" was going back to study nursing in England she was straight out of high school and worked as an assistant in a medical clinic in Malawi or Kenya (can't remember).

I think that extra marital sex is a much too popular activity here to introduce stoning as a punishment. I don't know if their statistics are accurate. I know that in many arab countries you can't really ask a girl on a date unless you are engaged and all meetings are heavily chaperoned. That said I am sure the worlds oldest profession is also practised there.
Posted by gusi, Sunday, 2 July 2006 7:23:22 AM
They don't actually test a significant proportion of their population for HIV, so their complete figures are not available. The accuracy of these figures are dubious. It took a long time for Islamic countries to admit the existance of HIV in their countries before it became too obvious that HIV was in their countries, and had been there for some time. To say .01% of every case is an inaccurate assesment. We don't even know exactly how many Australians are HIV + as only a low percentage of our population are actually tested in the first place.

You are suggesting that stoning women for adultery like the Taliban did to women in Afghanistan before occupation is a good idea to deter HIV. Of course, Islamic men went by different rules under that regime.

Do we stone women for adultery? Then we also have to stone children for flying kites, just like they did in Afghanistan. How far do you want the "evil west" to go before we are more "pure"?

A scientific approach might be more useful in containing a virus rather than an oppressive prejudice. The virus has no prejudice, therefore, prejudice is futile to resolve a relentless problem.

Just as western ways may not work in the east, eastern ways may not work in the west either. If you oppress westerners this way, you will actually inflame the virus out of control, as westerners usually have more sex, and sex that is in self denial, therefore irresponsible, when they have low self esteem, and feel more oppressed. That is a recepie for disaster in western countries.
Posted by saintfletcher, Sunday, 2 July 2006 7:28:44 AM
All,
Just by way of an addendum:
Having personally seen young Arab men arrive by the Jet load to enjoy the freer life in some of “sex capitals" of the world.
I can testify that their mores, when outside of their countries of origin, are not always so conservative.
Posted by Horus, Sunday, 2 July 2006 8:33:29 AM
I like AIDS.

If one considers that the Earth is itself an organism, then that organism is suffering from the disease of overpopulation by one of it's parasites. If the human race has reached such numbers that it is edangering the health of the organism which supports it, then AIDS is simply an antibody.

But the best part about AIDS is that it is not killing everybody. It's primary victims are dumb people. No matter how many times you tell dumb people to use a condom if they wish to be sexually promiscuous with multiple partners, they just won't listen. So a lot of these dummies are getting a Darwin Award through AIDS.

Personally, I think it is great if dumb people die off and smart people survive. I think that is the way nature intended it in the first place.
Posted by redneck, Sunday, 2 July 2006 9:06:49 AM
God one redneck,
You are beginning to believe nature has rational design, and moral moorings long held by civilised people. The unfortunate thing is not only the guilty suffer for their behaviour they infect the innocent.
Posted by Philo, Sunday, 2 July 2006 3:01:37 PM
Oh yes redneck, AIDS is great.. even if you are bitter and vicious enough to gloat over the deaths of others for supposed stupidity (what a terrible crime!), how do you feel about people who catch it from blood transfusions, or children who get it from their mothers, or women who catch it from their husbands. Do you actually have any compassion for other human beings at all? Why do you hate people who are different from you so much?
Posted by pickledherring, Sunday, 2 July 2006 3:13:19 PM
Redneck, the problem is that in countries where aids thrives people are not taught to use condoms. Those are taught to resist temptation and abstain and those married are taught to be faithful and keep their fingers crossed that their spouses are too.
Posted by gusi, Sunday, 2 July 2006 3:19:40 PM
We'll be all in big trouble if AIDS does a cross mutation with Bird Flu.We'd be a bunch if Richard heads wearing condoms to work,unable to breathe or sneeze.
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 2 July 2006 6:25:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Mr Pickledherring.

I feel sad for all the innocent people who get AIDS through blood transfusions or other means. But the fact remains that the vast majority of people who get AIDS today are dummies who just will not use condoms or moderate their promiscuous sexual behaviour. One TV program on AIDS, submitted that the reason why AIDS took off among US poofters, was that some US homosexual AIDS patients had lifestyles which had them bonking had 200 sex partners a year. AIDS is therefore mother natures Eugenics program to improve the human race.

To Mr Gusi.

I think that AIDS is doing a great job of genetically eradicating not just imbecility and homosexuality, but also religious fanaticism. The problem has become so bad that even the Pope is having second thoughts about Catholics using condoms. My personal conviction about Roman Catholic opposition to birth control, is that it is beneficial to the Catholic Church if it’s adherents outbreed the opposition. Unfortunately, AIDS has sort of wrecked that bright idea.

To Arjay.

Yep, your right. But until AIDS becomes transgenic, I still think it is doing a great job.
Posted by redneck, Sunday, 2 July 2006 7:06:37 PM
AIDS is doing a great job? The problem with the Pope having second thoughts about condoms is that it stops catholics from "outbreading" everyone else? I thought you said that the world was "overpopulated" Redneck? Why would you want more catholics in an over populated world? Make up your mind, you can't have it both ways. Lets face it, your racist statements are rude and crude. You say that some races deserve to die? Excuse me?

The topic is about African women. The virus is killing Africa. Population control? That arguement really sux. You are such a NAZI pig! You are bringing in a Eugenic arguement to ethnically cleanse anyone who is not catholic, white and to your way of thinking.

No one told the virus that it was "doing a good job" for humanity. The virus does not discriminate.

Some of us would like Africa to survive. We think that the women there are just as innocent as any other HIV positive person. To turn this into a racial victory battle cry, or a judgemental call against those you hate is offensive and un-Australian. Are we a NAZI nation now? Grow up!

It you want to control global population growth,use condoms, not AIDS.
Posted by saintfletcher, Sunday, 2 July 2006 10:56:31 PM
On 29.06.06 from article in New York Times re "Cap on UN funding".
Australia, USA and Japan "dissasociated" themselves from lifting the cap on funding. One hundred and ninety one nations gave the thumbs up for lifting the cap on funding.
Herein lies a major problem for the UN to be potent in the fight against World health and poverty issues, when you have the above wealthy countries being so defiant, arrogant and inhumane, toward other humans.
Apart from the above, i totally agree with the author's comments.
Women and children are the victims of male exploiters, all over the world, and the worst of these males are the ones who profess to, and make phoney laws, espousing to equality for all, including females.
Australia, USA and Japan are ruled by males, whose corporate, greedy, for profit, mentality does not fit in with "not for profit" human rights and social justice.
Posted by Sarah10, Monday, 3 July 2006 11:56:14 AM
That is disturbing information Sahra. This is a bigger issue than most Australians realise. For Japan, the US and Australia to cut AIDS funding in denial to the UN is disgraceful.

AIDS is the real theif that creeps in the night, it loves silence, denial and greed. Above all, it loves petty arguements, finger pointing and blaming, as the virus relentlessly moves on and on from person to person, slowly but surely. Especially when you least suspect it. There it is. Silence = Denial = Death.

This might seem like a storm in a teacup in Australia, but in the US, this kind of thing is like hurricane Katrina. If African Americans see their government neglecting their people at home, as well as neglecting African people in Africa. It begins to look look worse: like race is the prime motivator for non-action. People can add up the logic to see that this is a racially motivated decision. Once they do their sums and see the answer, don't expect the reaction to be nice. They will be very angry when the see the truth.

Why are people blaming the victims when funding cuts from wealthy countries denies AIDS vulnerable countries the protection they need to survive. Could this be genocide?

It is enough to make the US just as vulnerable to internal turmoil, as it is to cause the Africa people to perish.

The UN has not failed, the US and the dominant members of the UN have rendered the UN unable do what is necessary.

It is clear, however, that in this case, the blame is squarely on Japan, the US and Australia. They blocked, they made the decision to deny any responsibility, now we will have to wear the blame for the rest of the world. Is that diplomacy? No. It is called genocide.
Posted by saintfletcher, Monday, 3 July 2006 2:14:48 PM
While I am not a biologist, crossing aids and birdflu is probably like crossing and elephant with a giraffe, it is just not going to happen outside a lab.

There are some common sense rules of thumb about virus spread though.

1) Viruses that kill their hosts faster than they can spread will not do well.

2) Viruses that cause their host to show obvious signs of infection will not do well.

eg Ebola virus is deadly but kills their host faster than it spreads so is relatively easily contained. Common cold is very contagious but doesn't kill the host at all and most of us get infected each year.

Viruses with a stealth period like SARS are much harder to contain but it is possible through behavioural change like temporarily closing schools, getting people to stop rubbing their nose and eyes and having an army of cleaners wiping common surfaces like doorknobs, lift buttons and benchtops.

Even aids in the US has been affected by behavioural change. By reducing hyper promiscuous behaviour the most deadly strains of the virus have died with their hosts and so overall the virus has evolved to be less deadly.

The politics of aids are a mystery though. These are real people dying (or being orphaned) in Africa. It beggars believe that we cannot provide generic (ie cheap) drugs to these people so that even if they cannot be cured they can lead a productive life for years longer and look after their children ie with treatment HIV positive people can, and do, contribute to society and the economy for many years.
Posted by gusi, Monday, 3 July 2006 4:40:25 PM
Redneck your name is obviously fairly apt. Although it is probably blantantly obvious to everyone else reading here, you are a ignorant poltroon with the insight of a one eyed goat. Blaming 3rd world african people for not using condoms is like blaming homeless people who get sick in winter for not rugging up with an extra blanket. They simply don't have them! - and both due the ineptitude of society to look after its most needy.

The United Nations has failed dismissally, true. The US stance (which obviously has a heavy impact on what the UN is able to accomplish) has exacebated the problem, and has added the responsibility for millions more deaths to George Bush's rapidly growing list.

You would like to believe that when it came to human life, logic (the promotion of contraception) would prevail over religious fanatacism ('abstinence'). Unfortunately however, the AIDS situation in Africa is just another example of how religion has once again let humanity down.
Posted by jkenno, Monday, 3 July 2006 6:08:38 PM
To Mr jkenno.

Naughty, naughty, jkenno. You are prejudging me, and stereotyping rednecks. Prejudging and stereotyping is PC verboten. I can do it, but you can’t,
because it contradicts your humanitarian principles.

You are also using personal abuse on this forum which is also absolutely verboten. But don’t worry, I won’t go crying to GrahamY like your mob does whenever I say something that your mob say should not be said.

AIDS is a very interesting disease because we actually know the identity of “patient zero.” The first case of AIDS is now known to have been carried by a French Canadian airline steward. This man’s picture is now on billboards and posters all over Africa, with the slogan “This is the white man who brought AIDS to Africa.”

You see, the Africans do not believe that AIDS originated in Africa. They actually think that AIDS is some sort of weapon developed by the white race to exterminate the blacks. Dumb, huh? Furthermore, one reason why they refuse to use condoms is because they think that white endorsement of condoms is a plot to stop the black races from breeding.(?)

Not that condoms would do much anyway. Because black people use “injectionists” to fight AIDS. An “injectionist” is a snake oil salesman with a syringe and some sort of concoction that he claims will cure any disease known to man. Black people are so awe inspired by white medicine and syringes that they willingly allow themselves to be injected with dirty needles from these charlatans.

Here in Australia, our sainted doctor, Fred Hollows, once warned aboriginal leaders that if “certain practices” did not cease immediately, “there will soon be no aborigines.” What Fred meant, was that if aboriginal tribal leaders did not stop sexually molesting the little girls and bonking the young boys up the backside in tribal “initiation” ceremonies, they were all going to die of AIDS. Recent newspaper reports indicate that the aboriginal leaders have not taken Fred’s warning seriously.

"UN failures?" Balony. AIDS is spreading because black people in general are not very bright.
Posted by redneck, Monday, 3 July 2006 8:12:52 PM
When aids was first promoted to the world during the Reagan/Thatcher era - did you not ask yourself.. has there ever been another virus which specifically targeted specific groups of people? Is this really conceivable behaviour for a virus? Extreme right wingers know what they are up to!
Posted by K£vin, Monday, 3 July 2006 9:06:49 PM
The patient zero AIDS theory is outdated and disproven.

HIV is much older than that. The most accepted theory of the origins of HIV is that it unintentionally crossed the species during the Polio vaccination experiments injecting chimpanzee blood into humans in the 1950s. Edward Hooper wrote a book about it called: "The River", and it maps how vaccination programs unintentionally spread the virus around Africa as early as the 1950s.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v25/n07/hoop01_.html

There is another popular theory known as the Eugene Fischer theory. When Hitler was is jail before he wrote "Mein Kampf" in the 1920s, he read Fischer's "Principles of Human Heredity and Racial Hygiene". This book describes what he did in German Africa in the 1920-30. He experimented on injecting Chimpanzee blood with SIV 1 and sooty matabeys blood with SIV 2 into African "subhumans": as germ warfare.

http://www.bigeye.com/sexeducation/nazivirusprojects.html

Once in power in the holocaust, Fischer furthered these studies of injecting animal blood into humans, especially into Africans and homosexuals in the concentration camps. He cross infected humans with SIV1 and nephrits: hepatitis G.

The places you find hepatitis G are areas near the old concentration camps, and Namibia, or the old German South Africa. Hep G Crossinfections with HIV 1 (from SIV 1) are common in these areas.

They also invented a retrovirus hepatitis: hepatitis D. This can only live on hepatitis B. This is crossinfected with HIV 2 (from SIV 2) from the German Toga region. You can map NAZI fingerprints in HIV by the sembiotic viruses that tend to be crossinfected with HIV in within specific areas that were German colonies.

The Hooper theory claims that HIV was accidently released in polio vaccine experiments in the 1950s.

The Eugene Fischer theory claims that both HIV 1 and HIV 2 can be traced back to NAZI intereference as we know that the NAZIs did invent Hep D and Hep G.

Just as Adolf Hitler was Dr. Eugen Fischer's pet in Germany, apparently Dr. Hendrik Verwoerd (Minister of Native Affairs 1950/Prime Minister 1958-1966) was Dr. Fischer's pet in South Africa.
Posted by saintfletcher, Tuesday, 4 July 2006 2:54:50 AM
Ye Gods! Kevin and Saintflethcher actually think that AIDS was a weapon created by white people. Are you guys black?

AIDS has indeed been around for a long time. So has Lassa Fever and Ebola. But these human pathogens have always been isolated within specific locations within Africa and their occasional outbreaks within these isolated locations simply passed unnoticed by the rest of humanity for millenia.

Even one hundred years ago, virus's and bacterium could not get in a car, a train, or an aeroplane and hitch hike to other locations, including other continents. But today they are doing just that. Interestingly, a British seaman died of a mystery disease in 1850 in London, and this disease's symptoms were so extraordinary that physicians of the day closely noted the patients symptoms because they were so mystifying. Pathologists reviewing his case today now know from the symtomology that the seaman died of AIDS.

How close the world came to an outbreak of AIDS at a time when human beings did not even know what a "virus" was, is interesting to speculate. So are the appalling ramifications.

Another reason why AIDS is spreading in Africa is because many African men believe that the only cure for AIDS is to have sex with a virgin. Today, virgin girls, including babies, are being raped en masse all over Africa. Real bright, huh?

Get it through your intellectually challenged brains that AIDS is a natural human pathogen which is spreading mainly through total stupidity. It is also doing a great job of eradicating totaly stupid people from the human genome. If most of the victims are black, then gee, what does that tell you?
Posted by redneck, Tuesday, 4 July 2006 5:04:00 AM
@Redneck:

You really don't have a life.Do you? I mean,what a useless racist Bum.*Shakes Head*
Posted by Amel, Tuesday, 4 July 2006 1:58:33 PM
Thank you redneck for confirming your own delightful combination of bigotry and stupidity. Your direct proving of my previous point is most appreciated. Its a pity such an interesting article has promoted someone of your ilk to spout such KKK inspired rubbish.
Posted by jkenno, Tuesday, 4 July 2006 4:27:28 PM
Redneck,using your logic,we should also murder all the chimps,gorillas an orangutans because they too are perceived to be inferior to yourself.Perhaps the whales should go too.

Sidney Portier was a very intelligent and truely black actor.There was little sign of white genes.Many black musicians are great jazz exponents and this music is about talent and intelligence.I hate the the black rap criminal culture but they do not represent all their genetic relatives.You at times make some good points,yet defeat your arguments with your own prejudice.

Our entire human race needs and injection of intelligence,since our technology seems to surpassed our ability to cope with such rapid change.We have become the angry,violent culture,too impatient with other's faults and unable to recogise our own.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 4 July 2006 11:13:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Intelligent" is often used to decribe phenomana that should more appropriately be described as "ruthless".
Posted by K£vin, Tuesday, 4 July 2006 11:49:51 PM
To Amel and Jkenno.

When either debating with an opponent or giving opinions which you hope will influence others, the best course of action is to give reasoned arguments displaying cause and effect. Simply making declarations demanding that people think in a certain way, or heckling with sneery remarks, or simply letting fly with a torrent of abuse to your opponent, does nothing to advance the validity of your cause to an impartial audience.

People today have been culturally conditioned to believe that all men are equal. The widespread acceptance of this notion is based upon two factors. The constant reinforcement of the idea through popular culture, and the unrelenting denigration of any person who dares to submit a contrary opinion.

Unfortunately, the undeniable fact that black societies everywhere are totally dysfunctional, is a real problem to those who most ardently promote this popular view. So black dysfunction can only be explained by blaming their failures on somebody else. AIDS is a perfect example.

According to author Harry Throssell, the continuing spread of AIDS through Africa is caused by “UN negligence”. This is complete balderdash. The continuing spread of AIDS through Africa is caused by black stupidity. For heavens sake, the belief that raping a virgin will cure you of AIDS is hardly the thinking of intelligent people. For those who claim that this is a “KKK argument”, I just Googled AIDS+virgins+African+cure and got 1,650,000 hits.

Similarly, the fact that AIDS is speading because of Africans using dirty syringes provided by “injectionist” charlatans is also undeniable. I just Googled African+injectionist and got 135 hits.

The refusal by black men to wear condoms because they think that whites are trying to stop blacks from breeding, is yet another clear indicator that, sad as this fact may be, black people in general are not very bright.

Finally, the belief by Africans that AIDS is a biological weapon invented by whites to mass murder blacks, is a theory verging on total lunacy.
Posted by redneck, Wednesday, 5 July 2006 5:38:10 AM
I neither confirm nor deny that I am black or white as this is irrelevant.

Intelligence is interesting. Did you know that you can have a non-detected HIV viral load yet it can take months to find HIV hiding in the nervous system or the lymphatic system, only to be reactived. Just when you nail it, it mutates into another creature. Now that is cleaver.

A virus can be intelligent, yet it is not even a real life form. Our only defence is to be smarter than it is.

Society has to take responsibility for a social disease, or how this is done in education. The spread of the virus is the failure of a system in education or health, not the failure of a race.

To understand, be brave and proud enough to say no, have condoms available, respect your partner in love, sex, or whatever. Respecting each other is the success story of a social expectation.

Singapore and Thailand are very cleaver in their CCC system. The banners, posters and sports teams slogans put awareness into the mix. They are cleaver counties. Others can learn from their expample.

But Africa is neglected. Without funding, it can't even do this.

The US, Aus and Japan blocked UN funding. George W Bush already funded Africa through the churches and deals with the drug companies, so there is an agenda here too. Corporate control, patents, religion, and inflaming the problem is exactly what they want.

You don't think they want it to work do you? Hell no!

Give them your money: your bodies, food, air, and your souls. They will own the patents of our lives one day anyway as they can own the patent of any life form since 2002. It has already started with GM agriculture, GM body parts, pharmaceutical patents. We will all be dependent on patents and pay dearly as slaves. You are already eating GM foods and are paying for the patents.

As to the ponderous "intellence arguement": nice try Redneck but you don't exist as a life form either, you are just a fake persona.
Posted by saintfletcher, Wednesday, 5 July 2006 6:12:16 AM
Redneck, seeing you appeared comfortable with making ‘sneery remarks’ and letting ‘fly with torrents of abuse’ toward entire races, I simply felt it natural to return the favour. You obviously don’t look in the mirror too often ‘mate’.

Further, I would hardly classify an audience which included someone such as yourself as ‘impartial’. The opposite would appear to obviously be the case, given your previous posts.

If it is your wish to denigrate an entire section of the earths population on a discussion board relating to the failure by the entire world to deal with a deadly disease, than that is your perogative. But to classify yourself as somehow moral or rational is completely ridiculous. I know you don’t tend to crawl out of your cave too often, but maybe if you did, you would realise that people are the same, regardless of skin colour.

The point I tried to make to you on a previous post was the pretty clear one that for many people in Africa, who don’t have access to shelter, education, food or clean water, simply ‘putting a condom on’, isn’t as easy as it sounds. Its not like there are a plethora of condom shops or chemists around with which to deck themselves out. This is the poverty stricken 3rd world we are talking about here, despite your apparent inability to recognise it as such
Posted by jkenno, Wednesday, 5 July 2006 1:26:43 PM
vermin scum vile parasites on planet earth abusers pr$stitutes both male and female and the vermin scum parasites who pay them dirty money for $%xual intercourse and spread std's from scabby c?nt crabs to the ho's virus of hepatitis hos and AIDS deserve to die,hopefully slowly in agony choking on their own vile dog sh$t.one way to clean-up planet earth?ship all abuser-wh$res and the vermin who enjoy having $%xual intercourse with them off to some horrible place like say some sh$tty famine riddled island and let them all have as much $%xual intercourse with each other like cockroaches fu$king until they all get AIDS and die as viley as they were spawned from the planetary sewer. vermin spawn vermin look at hepatitis lying ho wh$re angelina jolie:puta-de-puta (wh$re-of-a-wh$re.)
abusers deserve to get AIDS and die.
Yours sincerely,
Marianna Jane Close
Posted by mariannajaneclose, Tuesday, 18 September 2007 5:41:54 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy