The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Santa Claus budget fails to deliver for future > Comments

Santa Claus budget fails to deliver for future : Comments

By Lindsay Tanner, published 24/5/2006

This big-taxing, big-spending government no longer represents economic reform.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Alan Grey: Budget envy? - no! just bloody poor in a rich nation that I helped build. Who knows Alan my taxes may have assisted in educating yourself, perhaps going by your selfish unthinking post - a bloody waste of money. numbat
Posted by numbat, Thursday, 25 May 2006 2:34:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a bunch of winging bludgers.
I am on the pension, with no extra income, but no debts either. Having heard all the bitching from people like you, I was amazed at just how generous the pension is, when I started recieving it.
As one of Bob Hawk's "silly old buggers", I started late, & still had kids to educate, when I reached 65, so no savings, or big super,
but so what? The pension is not too hard to live on.
If you leave $250 in the bank each fortnight, it will pay all your bills, & leave a bit for a tap washer, or a can of paint, when required. It'll even buy a set of spark plugs for your car, although it won't stretch to a lot of petrol.
It won't pay for much alcohol, or tobacco, either, but why should it? Its a safty net, not a country club membership.
Did I hear the bleating of an "invalid" pensioner? Probably like the ones around here. They'll do any work for "cash in hand", but don't ask them to do any work for pay thet may be taxed.
Us oldies had it much easier than the kids of today, so crawl back
into your box, & stop trying to bludge off the kids, you peanuts.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 25 May 2006 3:49:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen: You miserable old git - fall over and get up yourself. Numbat
Posted by numbat, Thursday, 25 May 2006 4:09:06 PM
Mr Hasbeen, you tell us about the miracles you are able to conjure from your pension - "it will pay all your bills, & leave a bit for a tap washer, or a can of paint". Do you consider courtesy and respect as luxuries that exist only for members of your mythical country club?

You say you still had kids to educate when you started on the pension. My fear is that you might have taught them all you know.
Posted by FrankGol, Thursday, 25 May 2006 4:21:20 PM
Hasbeen

You comment "Did I hear the bleating of an "invalid" pensioner? Probably like the ones around here. They'll do any work for "cash in hand", but don't ask them to do any work for pay thet may be taxed." is very offensive.

Are you insinuating that being on a disability support pension means you are ripping the system off?

I am on a DSP because I have leukaemia, I will not live long enough to qualify for the Age Pension.

Our Government is using greed and envy to bolster thier political ends.
Posted by Steve Madden, Thursday, 25 May 2006 4:23:53 PM
Hasbeen.

I am confused, you seem to be an expert on living on a pension when in March of this year you stated:

"I have an investment of over $7000 in my tanks & pumps for this domestic water. I have a further investment of $2400 in a "grey" water system, for my garden. The cost of maintenance, & operation of these systems is roughly equal to urban water rates. All this investment was achieved on a little less than the average income."

I also note you have been an employer in the past, what happened to your business?

An employer a less than average income or a pensioner? My Frog Poo detector is twitching.
Posted by Steve Madden, Thursday, 25 May 2006 4:44:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy