The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Balancing the power: Queensland needs an upper house > Comments

Balancing the power: Queensland needs an upper house : Comments

By Nicholas Aroney and Scott Prasser, published 20/4/2006

Queensland has an 'accountability' gap, that could be solved with the reintroduction of an upper house.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
The thought of an upper house reminds me of the waste and corruption of the NSW upper house.
If we do have an upper house in QLD we will see some of the dropkicks (Politicians)from the past edging their way back into politics.
Posted by sandgate, Saturday, 29 April 2006 5:27:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Queensland needs an upper house like I need a hole in the head. Maybe when upper houses were not the tools of the lower house, but not any more. Do we really need more politicians duplicating the work of other politicians with the attended staff and expense? If this is part of the Family First platform, I will not be voting for the party. This for me is a show-stopper. Please consign this to the vault of very bad ideas, and face really important issues like speaking out against Halloween which just plants the ideas in kids minds that the spiritual realm is just fairy tales and not to be taken seriously.
Posted by Wynnum Wanderer, Sunday, 19 November 2006 3:37:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah i gotta agree with the Wanderer. What's the diff? Lets say we shift all of Beattie's backbenchers into an upper house, nothing would change. Same dog, different hair cut. Nuff said.
Posted by Rainier, Sunday, 19 November 2006 7:38:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy