The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Vanuatu's privileged political elite get another aid lifeline > Comments

Vanuatu's privileged political elite get another aid lifeline : Comments

By Helen Hughes, published 6/4/2006

Vanuatu is once again the recipient of aid largesse having made no effort, with previous donations, to improve standards of living.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Professor

Thank you for your article. I wish that I understood your claims. I do not - only because I have not studied this issue before. But I am willing to learn, and I will.

ni-Vanuatu was my first trip outside of Australia (1983). I loved it with a passion.

The trip came about because I met some wonderful Catholic Nuns when I was a student at the Armidale College of Advanced Education. They were wonderful souls - and my class mates. They said that if ever I should travel outside of Australia, they would love to meet me in ni-Vanuatu.

It was a wonderful experience, since we were all nurses.

They invited me to the local hospital. I met staff and patients. What an experience!

It was Primaary Health Care in action - before I had learned the concept in theory! I will never forget the experience as long as I live. I was so proud.

ni-Vanuatan people were wonderful to me. I travelled the entire island of Villa over a seven day period (in a jeep). My words will never express the wonderment of the people with whom I engaged. They were the angels of life.

Regards
Ka
Posted by kalweb, Thursday, 6 April 2006 10:08:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy