The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Affirming the rights of Americans > Comments

Affirming the rights of Americans : Comments

By Walt Brasch, published 27/3/2006

Mired in controversy, the USA PATRIOT Act is a violation of the civil liberties of all Americans.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
All this rushing and huffing, limited time to read and repeated tales of dire doings, oh dear sounds like Australia.
Good to see that the other third of the ‘be afraid’ psychotics has not had parliament house emptied, guarded by the best we have and only invited, scrutinised delegates allowed in to the peoples house.
Posted by untutored mind, Monday, 27 March 2006 4:53:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Looks like the usual feigned moral granstanding.

Trendy lefties demand that any hostile group be allowed to immigrate into their lands, then when the predicted social strife and terrorism eventuates, they shreik because their governments have to curtain civil rights in order to combat the civil stife and terrorism, which need never have existed had the hostile groups been excluded from immigration in the first place.
Posted by redneck, Tuesday, 28 March 2006 7:02:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So, America is crushing civil liberties, even though it has more constitutionally enshrined rights than anyone else... where are those supporter of a Bill of Rights now?
Posted by DFXK, Tuesday, 28 March 2006 11:22:39 AM
To RObert

I put it to you, RObert, that so called “moderate Muslims” endorse the core values of Islam. These core values are unmistakably dangerous to non Muslims. You did not answer my question that I put to you. Why do you want people to immigrate to Australia who’s self declared religious dogma instructs them to murder you? How plain does a threat need to be before people like yourself stop making excuses for people who make no bones about their hostility?

Once again, you are snivelling about how naughty it is to judge people on their group affiliations. Get it through your head that everybody does it. If you met a person who told you that he was a Nazi or a member of the Ku Klux Klan, are you seriously trying to say that you would not judge that person from his group affiliations? Do you have any Nazis or One Nation supporters in your inner circle of friends? You trendies base your loopy arguments upon moral absolutes that you can not live up to yourself.

Irfan is an interesting character. He is obviously practiced at selling his Muslim product to people like yourself who think that he is sincere. But when Costello made the remark that Muslims who dream of Sharia Law in Australia should head back home, Irfan was up there defending Sharia Law.

It was obvious to most people that Costello was being diplomatic. Costello thought that the only Muslims who wanted Sharia Law were a ratbag fundamentalist minority. But “moderate” Muslims like Irfan do not see it that way at all. Get it through your overly thick cranial cavity that “moderate” Muslims want Sharia Law, and they do want to stone you to death.

That is why they did not march to display their anger at the fact that a man in Afghanistan may yet get executed for changing his religion. "Moderate" Muslims approve of it.

I challenge Irfan to correct me on this if I am wrong
Posted by redneck, Tuesday, 28 March 2006 6:17:19 PM
Well hell, they voted for the ditziest Preznit they could find, let him trample over the constitution. Then voted for him AGAIN.

I tend to agree with that famous Fleet Street headline following his re-election - "How Could 59,017,382 People Be So Dumb?
Posted by bennie, Sunday, 23 April 2006 3:28:42 PM
The United States Supreme Court will determine whether the Patriot Act is contrary to the United States Constitution. Any comment by others is merely suppostion.
Posted by plerdsus, Tuesday, 25 April 2006 8:26:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy