The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Tiptoeing around China's ire > Comments

Tiptoeing around China's ire : Comments

By Greg Barns, published 8/2/2006

Greg Barns says Robert Curran and Lucinda Dunn from the Australian Ballet are in the middle of a diplomatic 'flurry'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
"Jana Banana",
so in other words, Falungong does have an agenda and its members don't declare their affiliation, as your two posts indicate.

Look, I support Falungong's attacks on the Chinese government, I just wish they were open about their activities. Running a global tv network and a global newspaper sound to me like you have more on your minds than "just practising our meditation in peace".

I am disturbed by the way an organization of such enormous resources can define itself so completely in terms of its persecution by the Chinese government. Such a definition conceales Falungong's pursuit of its own political and Chinese cultural agenda. How does this global tv "gala" fit within Falungong's project, for example, of "just practising our meditation in peace"?

To be honest, if Falungong is just mediation, then Scientology is just psychotherapy.
Posted by mhar, Thursday, 9 February 2006 2:55:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The $300 Million Man (Minister Downer) should comment on this issue, however, I will cut him some slack becuase he appears to have more pressing issues on his mind.
Posted by Gin & Tonic, Thursday, 9 February 2006 9:55:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HI mhar,

Yes you are right Falun Gong does have an agenda and that is to stop this Genocidal persecution of Falun Gong in China. We have never denied that, infact how could we when you see us everywhere appealing to people's good conscience to support the end of the persection. Call it what you like, agenda, being political , we dont mind because we know what we are doing and that is simply saving people's lives.
Is it wrong to call a murderer a murderer? We are not interested in politics. We dont want to run for political positions or take over any country. We simply want to save peoples lives and end this persecution.
We go to work everyday as people do, does that make my job a Falun Gong job? I work in a cafe does that mean that the cafe is a Falun Gong cafe and is supported and financed by Falun Gong?

Falun Gong is a meditation not a work place or business. That is like saying that The Australian newspaper is run by christians and therefore is financed by Christians just because some Christians work there.

We have nothing to hide. We may be difficult to understand by some because there is not another spiritual movement in the world today practising principles of truth compassion and tolerance while living in society. These types of practices are normally practised in monastries well away from society. This is a unique feature of Falun Gong as it makes us really strong and able to intergrate these principles of truth compassion and tolerance while under the temptations of fame wealth that drives most people who only wish to live a good life.
With one hundred milion people practising Falun Gong in the world isn"t that a force for the good in these times? Why is that only the Chinese Communist regime has a problem with us? Because we practice truth compassion and tolerence which as you know is the exact opposite of what they practise deceit, murder persection.
I hope this helps you understand Falun Gong better.
Posted by Jana Banana, Thursday, 9 February 2006 9:08:12 PM
Hay. Im doing a project for school on Falun Gong discrimination. if you know of anyone or yourself who can help me by answering a few questions for me i would greatly appreciate it.
Posted by sheepii1, Wednesday, 23 May 2007 6:09:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy