The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The FTA: How the media let Latham off the hook > Comments

The FTA: How the media let Latham off the hook : Comments

By David Flint, published 24/1/2006

David Flint argues the media were negligent in taking Mark Latham to task over indecision on the free trade agreement.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
chainsmoker, rainier, pericles, anomie: You are all absolutely brilliant. The other posts are excellent but yours superlative - thankyou.
Yet I bet david will be at it again before long in spite of his vast number of folowers on this forum. numbat
Posted by numbat, Wednesday, 25 January 2006 11:14:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Acknowledging that it is a sin to forget a source, somewhere or other I read a Davo response to something that had been said about him. His reply said he never pays attention to his critics.

Now there's an impartial public commentator.
Posted by chainsmoker, Wednesday, 25 January 2006 1:42:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was going to have a go at defending Prof David Flint's article for a challenge and just to be different but then the thought struck me...

Na Too Hard and not worth my time .... A bit like the article really!

I too especially enjoyed the posts of chainsmoker, rainier, pericles & anomie.

Can anyone forget the John Laws interview on the Andrew Denton show..

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1100812.ht
Posted by Opinionated2, Wednesday, 25 January 2006 10:02:36 PM
OOps sorry, I left the m off htm.... this link works better

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1100812.htm
Posted by Opinionated2, Wednesday, 25 January 2006 10:04:32 PM
What my critics fail to understand is that Mark Latham is fair game to be stalked by Daily Telegraph reporters, because we vaguely knew who he was some time ago. A counter example is that Michael Jeffery is not fair game, for two reasons. Firstly, he's in a very important position and must be respected, and secondly, no-one knows who he is or what he looks like anyway.

Until next time, non-Elites,

Professor Flint
Posted by David "Hard As" Flint, Thursday, 26 January 2006 10:25:42 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear David Flint

Do you mean to imply that people in important positions (elites) are to be respected and the rest of us are not? Are Mark Latham's childen 'fair game' for stalking photographers because they are just children and therefore not important? Or because you and the Telegarph see Latham (and by some perverted extension his children) as your natural enemy?

Would you like to give us your personal address and daily itinerary for tomorrow please. I have a spare day and my camera hasn't been used for a week or two? On second thoughts, who would publish a photo of a second-rate, near-forgotten would-be?
Posted by FrankGol, Thursday, 26 January 2006 11:00:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy