The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Compulsory super - not so super duper > Comments

Compulsory super - not so super duper : Comments

By Mirko Bagaric, published 20/2/2006

Government should allow us a say regarding superannuation and what we want do with our money.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Dovif,

A good response and i agree with you on some counts.

Like volatile shares, investors seem to be steered to volatile property. House + Land is the way to go, if you buy a property that has the right fundamentals.

As an accountant, it is disapointing to see that you 'dont like risk' yet you are happy with advising clients to enter a volatile, pure investment market which is this.

Shares go well, property sits, shares tread water and decline, property generally moves. Gear yourself up to your eyeballs with quality investment property, begin to purchase using your equity at the front of the cycle (2008-2009) and turn one property into 4 over the proceeding 3 years. You dont like risk, whats the risk in 4 substantial assets that have gone up in value, have a good rental return at cashflow neutral overall, and let the cycles take care of things.

Shares have their place, no doubt in my mind, but not over property.

If you can gear your shares to 70-80% (I bet only a handful)i must be doing something wrong.

Please advise..
Posted by Realist, Friday, 24 February 2006 11:13:57 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy