The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Insider trading - let sunlight in > Comments

Insider trading - let sunlight in : Comments

By Shann Turnbull, published 25/11/2005

Shann Turnbull claims there is complicity by government, regulators and Australian Stock Exchange regarding insider trading.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
In a perfect world, yeah.

We cant stop it, only manage it, and reduce its VISIBLE impacts.

There needs to be a central system with controls as you mentioned, but EBAY? I am sure we could customise a much better one.

Let me know if you need my assistance.
Posted by Realist, Friday, 25 November 2005 11:39:38 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hello Realist

I agree that a much better platform could be created than E-Bay. I used it as an example to illustrate my point that sunlight trading is practiced for other sorts of property and that the internet has made the current forms of stock exchanges obsolete. Please contact me at sturnbull@mba1963.hbs.edu
Posted by Shann Turnbull, Friday, 25 November 2005 3:53:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
On the contrary I think Shann's paper is thought-provoking, and raises some very pertinent questions.

There is not a lot of lateral thinking in this field, let alone transparency. Anthing that shines more light into these murky transactions has to be welcomed.
Posted by Michael T, Monday, 28 November 2005 1:48:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy