The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Infrastructure - the end of an era of no vision > Comments

Infrastructure - the end of an era of no vision : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 18/7/2005

Everald Compton argues we need to give Australia's infrastructure urgent attention if we are not to lag behind economically.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Everald Compton, your argument is worthy. In addition we need the practical skills base to implement a solid infrastructure. By that I mean the engineers, electricians, plumbers, builders, architects and so on. This means education - affordable education.

Our infrastructure needs urgent attention, however your thinking is wishful "when visionaries and risk-takers took over the national agenda from spin doctors and paper shufflers who were past masters of the art of just staying in power"

Everald where are the visionaries and risk takers? Our current federal government consists of professional politicians whose only skills are in getting themselves re-elected as you stated and the alternative? Where are the people of vision in the Labor Party? A party which recycles its leaders.

I do not see any visionaries - they have been culled from the political arena by economics.

Therefore, I am afraid, very afraid.
Posted by Xena, Tuesday, 19 July 2005 9:43:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
2 posts hey, not an electoral issue, urban consolidation and environmental degradation still increasing...

The electorate is made up of idiots, the two party state is entrenched, our development industry is after a quick buck, the electoral system is a joke and electoral funding (both government and private) means any form of planning is anathemna.

But I am all behind the thoughts expressed in this opinion piece.
Posted by Reality Check, Tuesday, 26 July 2005 4:28:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would like to hear more from Everald Compton on a National Freight Policy. There appear to be many gross and damaging inefficiencies in the supply chain across Australia.

Regards,
Laperouse
Posted by Laperouse, Tuesday, 29 August 2006 10:19:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy