The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Voters' views on the federal Budget: no longer 'relaxed and comfortable' > Comments

Voters' views on the federal Budget: no longer 'relaxed and comfortable' : Comments

By Tim Grau, published 28/6/2005

Tim Grau analyses the research conducted by On Line Opinion and Springboard Australia immediately after the federal Budget.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Interesting did they take into account 105 dollars a barrell for oil, makes the $6 tax cuts look a bit sick,also people on fixed incomes they still have to pay the same prices,and anyone who believes that this Govt gives a stuff about anybody other than its wealthy business supporters has rocks in there head,also if you believe the ABS figures on Inflation and unemployment you will swallow anything
Posted by j5o6hn, Tuesday, 28 June 2005 4:38:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As a participant in the Federal Budget survey and followup forum I think this is a fair summary of the discussions that took place.
I recognize many of the quotes (several of mine are there also) and think they characterize the thoughts and beliefs of the participants.

I would like to underscore the two items most often brought up for additional government action: infrastructure and health delivery.
While there was no general agreement as to how these should be funded (state vs federal and tax increases vs tax cuts)there was no doubt that significant additional work needs to be done.

I believe the reason for the lack of agreement on how these items should be funded is a general lack of clarity of responsibilities between federal and state.

Brogden's intiatives in this area are a welcome breath of fresh air. He really needs the federal governments support to overcome the inertia and intransigence that exists today.
Posted by Bruce, Wednesday, 29 June 2005 1:34:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As a Great Dane owner, I am incensed by the characterisation of the blancmange "leading" the ALP as a Dane. OK, they're slow, but they're loyal. No Dane ever white-anted the top dog, nor insisted it wouldn't return to being top dog unless unopposed. Furthermore, while Danes are quite spectacularly, well, stupid, they have more ideas than Beazley. I do, however, take heart from the number of respondents who depicted Beazley as a Dane or a St Bernard - simply because both these breeds have short lifespans.
Posted by anomie, Wednesday, 29 June 2005 4:55:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy