The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Smoothing out the peaks and troughs of the Democrat vote > Comments

Smoothing out the peaks and troughs of the Democrat vote : Comments

By Richard Denniss, published 2/3/2005

Richard Denniss argues that Democrats’ Senator, Andrew Murray, has inappropriately massaged his statistical analysis.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Well well well,
Richard Denniss is keeping the bastards honest who keep the bastards honest. First bit of sense I have heard in this current debate on the Democrats, or in Sen Murray's case the Dumb-o-crats.
Posted by Antigone, Wednesday, 2 March 2005 6:59:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As author of various books about certain constitutional issues, such as INSPECTOR-RIKATI® on CITIZENSHIP, A book on CD about Australians unduly harmed & INSPECTOR-RIKATI® and the BANANA REPUBLIC AUSTRALIA. Dictatorship & deaths by stealth, I have concerns about the entire GST deal being in fact unconstitutional!

Any person, who like me researched extensively the Constitutional convention Debates would be aware that the Framers of the Constitution made clear that there could be no tax by the Commonwealth of Australia upon theatre tickets and sporting venues. As such, the GST doing this clearly is unconstitutional.

Further, there is no constitutional provision for the States to make such kind of deal as was purportedly done with the GST. Section 51(xxxvii) certainly is not applicable, as it neither was for the purported Australian Act!

Neither can the Federal Government hold States accountable for how they spend their monies! Also, the High Court of Australia past judgment that Section 96 can be used to enable the Commonwealth of Australia to make unconstitutional demands upon the States is also a grave error, as was its 1982 judgment about religious funding!

Mr. KINGSTON
For instance, I may refer to Hong Kong Chinamen. They are born within the realm of Her Majesty, and are therefore native-born British subjects.

Mr. SYMON.-
it is a question of whether any one of British blood who is entitled to become a citizen of the Commonwealth is to run the risk-it may be a small risk-of having that taken away or diminished by the Federal Parliament!

Hansard 2-3-1898
Mr. SYMON (South Australia).
That is, for admission into this political Union, which is not a republic, which is not to be called a dominion, kingdom, or empire, but is to be a Union by the name of "Commonwealth," and I do not propose to interfere with that in the slightest degree.

This is why I am campaigning for the creation of the OFFICE OF THE GUARDIAN, a constitutional council, that advises the Government, the people, the Parliament and the Courts as to constitutional provisions and its limitations.
Posted by Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka, Monday, 7 March 2005 9:43:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy