The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change deals with economists > Comments

How the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change deals with economists : Comments

By David Henderson, published 31/1/2005

David Henderson argues that the IPCC is ignoring economists in its reporting.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
David's argument does not convince me.

of course, it is sophisticated, reasonable, perhaps even correct. hard to tell, it wasn't all that clear to me (sorry, my doctorate is in another field.)

the real problem is that there is no reference in the article to the facts of actual global warming: the recent screen-saver simulations may provide a wake up call on those who remain complacent. (recently published in Nature)

so who gives a stuff about the economic parameters? it is the responsiblity of the eco-crats to align their predictions with remedies and actions, not tie us up in statistical knots while Rome heats up.
Posted by sarah m, Wednesday, 2 February 2005 4:12:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David Henderson's lifetime experience as an academic and government/OECD economist of the first rank entitles him to have his objections to the IPCC's economic work taken seriously. His complaints are precisely formulated and balanced.Surely some one at IPCC should answer his objections in same calm and reasoned way as he puts them.
Posted by creanie, Tuesday, 15 May 2007 9:15:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy