The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Talking up a war: Bush's rhetoric exposed > Comments

Talking up a war: Bush's rhetoric exposed : Comments

By Anabelle Lukin, published 24/1/2005

Annabelle Lukin argues that President Bush's use of rhetoric made war with Iraq possible.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
No being sidetracked here, Big Al. That last line was my way of saying this discussion has been .....ahem...put to bed. That is, no rational person could have any reasonable argument against what has been counterpointed by the various contributors.

See ya at the next bunfight, cause I'm done with this one...
Posted by ozaware, Wednesday, 2 February 2005 11:50:04 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well done ozaware. See you in another bunfight.
Posted by Big Al 30, Friday, 4 February 2005 2:23:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In response to the extremist right wing views and values of Ozaware, it is perhaps timely to review your polemical position and suggest it smacks of an individual who has swallowed hook, line and sinker the debate that satisfies Whitehouse values. Pity - and yes I have "attempted" to read your diatribe and suggest that it confirms my suspicions that you are an advocate of the right that pupports to hold the moral ascendancy on all things Iraq. Pity that you entirely missed the point of Lukin's argument that war can be waged using language. The semiotics of war are littered with the language idealogues - a point you are keen to gloss over or neglect all together.
Posted by chubbster, Monday, 8 May 2006 10:23:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy