The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Queensland’s Truth Telling Commission breaches Westminster and election conventions > Comments

Queensland’s Truth Telling Commission breaches Westminster and election conventions : Comments

By Scott Prasser, published 25/10/2024

Recently, the chair of Queensland's government's Truthtelling and Healing Commission publicly attacked the leader of the Liberal National Party and opposition, David Crisafulli, for his party's stated policy.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I have just lodged an a post about the slave trade as I had not seen this thread.
However it points up the total absurdity of any idea of compensation.
It would be impossible to calculate any amount of compensation fairly.
For instance how much would you pay the descendant Italian for being
taken as a slave by a Barbary Pirate and sold on a Nth African slave market ?
Or the descendant of a blonde girl from Iceland !
Posted by Bezza, Friday, 25 October 2024 12:26:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Every living human being has ancestors who suffered injustice. Should we remedy all injustice, or just the injustice to some? What's important to me is that people are treated equally in society and not given special consideration or privileges on the basis of their heritage.
Posted by Fester, Friday, 25 October 2024 1:14:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The land was invaded but not the inhabitants. No other indigenous anywhere on this Planet have been compensated as much as the Aborigines. I have yet to meet an indigenous who actually wants to revert to the style of existence their forebears lived.
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 25 October 2024 8:35:46 PM
The demand for bricklayers remains steady, and with a solid skill set, there’s always potential for career growth in construction. Training is crucial, though, to ensure you're competitive in the industry. For those interested in knowing about a [url=https://www.theccm.co.uk/bricklaying-course/]bricklaying salary[/url], skilled bricklayers can expect fair compensation, especially with experience. With the right qualifications, there’s room to advance as well. I recommend checking out the College of Contract Management, which offers comprehensive courses. They’re well-regarded in the industry for their practical and supportive approach.
Posted by Kinsley, Friday, 25 October 2024 11:48:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy