The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The dangerous delusion of Biden and World Leaders of transition to 'just electricity' > Comments

The dangerous delusion of Biden and World Leaders of transition to 'just electricity' : Comments

By Ronald Stein and Tom DeWeese, published 24/7/2024

The elephant in the room that no one wants to discuss is that crude oil is the foundation of our materialistic society as it is the basis of all products and fuels demanded by the 8 billion on this planet.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
I agree with most of this. Oil is why the world now has 8bn mostly middle class people living comfortable lives. As it dwindles the effects will be painful. Some partial substitutes may ease that pain. Instead of petrol you can mow the (small) lawn with a battery model. Perhaps minimum wage workers can buy a 10 year old EV with a battery about to cark. Perhaps we can make nitrogen fertiliser with green hydrogen at 3-5X the price. I'm a bit sceptical about synthetic aviation fuel being more than a few percent.

When they can run aluminium smelters at 2am on solar power I'll believe how cheap it's all supposed to be. In 2040 it will be a 1940 lifestyle but with internet.
Posted by Taswegian, Wednesday, 24 July 2024 8:32:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The transition from fossil fuels to renewables has long since gone beyond rational policy to become a global UN religion.

Albanese Labor fervently supports UN open borders and UN net zero, as does the great majority of the Australian "intelligentsia". Any challenge to this hegemony is shut down with three words - you're a racist.
Posted by Steve S, Wednesday, 24 July 2024 10:03:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy