The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Nuclear is essential > Comments

Nuclear is essential : Comments

By Charles Hemmings, published 23/4/2024

Many citizens believe that 'renewables' are the answer to our energy future because they have been told that, and it gives them a nice cosy feeling.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
TTBN's comments are spot on. The only "transition" that matters is — back to coal and gas. "Hazelwood Mk. 2", for example. Minister Bowen is determined to dismantle our electricity grid, wreck our economy and vandalise our landscapes.
Posted by RAS, Friday, 26 April 2024 8:58:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
all they demonstrated was that engineers can be stupid.
Bezza,
The bureaucrats who take the engineers' advise are just as & more likely more stupid. 40 out of my 52 years of working life in blue collar work included either repairing or reworking engineer designed failures.
The lack of logic among many 'educated' can be just so infuriatingly frustrating.
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 27 April 2024 1:38:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah yes Indivy, I can echo your comment.
At one period I was an engineers hand holder for a progression of
fairly new graduates.
I can affirm that it is true that TAFE graduates are much better at
the job for a long time, perhpas forever.
Posted by Bezza, Sunday, 28 April 2024 11:33:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy