The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What young Australians should know about the Greens' housing policy > Comments

What young Australians should know about the Greens' housing policy : Comments

By Graham Young, published 27/2/2024

Almomst every Greens housing policy from banning negative gearing to capping rents would make matters worse for renters and home buyers alike.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
That this quite some rubbish Graham, shilling for continued cruelty? . As Allan Kohler opined, Australian housing policy is literally based on cruelty. Thr Greens housing poicy is loosely based around that of Austraia's. Vienna for example is often said to be the best city in the world, mostly becase of it's social housing policy.

Here's an example

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/jan/10/the-social-housing-secret-how-vienna-became-the-worlds-most-livable-city
Posted by Valley Guy, Tuesday, 27 February 2024 3:13:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks ttbn good question.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 28 February 2024 1:01:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Capital gains should be halved to make negative gearing much more palatable.
Alan B,
Pay less tax in the first place i.e. have a Flat Tax. So, if you desire more money, work more or invent something people want to buy. When I get a dud deal because of some poor quality commodity sold to me & bought by myself in good faith, I can't write that off. If it's good enough for the goose it should be good enough for the gander.
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 28 February 2024 8:23:25 AM
The Greens lost the plot after Bob Brown retired. It is difficult to take them seriously.
Posted by ateday, Wednesday, 28 February 2024 12:36:45 PM
Kudos Ateday.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 28 February 2024 5:46:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy