The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia swallows renewables, passionately > Comments

Australia swallows renewables, passionately : Comments

By Tom Biegler, published 14/2/2024

Many key leaders in the energy transition, like politicians, financiers, industrialists and technologists, openly express their 'passion for renewables'. Is passion a hindrance to sound judgment?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Battery or pumped hydro backed renewables will cost the energy consumer an arm and a leg. Whereas, carbon free, clean walk away safe MSR thorium will cost 3 cents PKWH or less. No renewable option is able to get below 6 cents PKWH. MSR thorium good for 100 years. renewables need to be replaced every 25 years. adding exponentially to the cost of domestic energy!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 14 February 2024 1:33:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's great to hear people speaking out against this insanity promoted but psychopathic con artists. All the catastrophist garbage used to sway kids and false claims like our energy problems being the fault of "expensive and unreliable" fossil fuel energy. The crisis in Victoria is a small taste of the calamity that would be faced without dispatchable power sources.
Posted by Fester, Wednesday, 14 February 2024 8:06:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The mass of figures going around in my brain leaves me wondering how
many bureaucrats and politicians have any idea of the implications.
We can see how far out the governments plans are from reality.
Try and get an answer to how many of the 22,000 a day solar panels
have been installed to date. ditto for wind turbines.
139 years seems much more realistic to me.

However note the oil industry is planning how to close it all down !
In the wind so far;
Shell has sold its retail business in the UK and Germany.
Shell is making some arrangements for Ampol to take over.
Watch that space.
Posted by Bezza, Thursday, 15 February 2024 11:12:20 AM
I have heard reports of the blackout being because the clapped out
coal fired power station could not cope.
All that such statements reveal is that person saying that have
net zero electrical knowledge.
The power station appears to have done exactly what its design required.
A dead short probably between all phases and to ground as well would
have required the isolating breakers to operate within a few milliseconds.
Whatever other transmission lines were also connected is irrelevant.
Just shed them all.
I did read that the trains stopped also. For how long ?
How many lifts called in on the emergency phones ?
Were people stuck in lifts for hours or days ? Are some still there ?
Must be a story there.
As a one time lift mechanic I would like to hear.
I am horrified to think that in a city hundreds of lifts would have
come to a stop between floors with 10 or 15 people in each at knockoff time.
Posted by Bezza, Thursday, 15 February 2024 3:11:02 PM
Saw this earlier on the Net

A Lithium leach field is what your electric car batteries are made of. It is so neuro-toxic that a bird landing on this stuff dies in minutes. Take a guess what is does to your nervous system ?
Pat yourself on the back for saving the environment.
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 15 February 2024 10:42:39 PM
Don't forget that France built one and a half times it's power supply in fifteen years from the mid 1970s whilst the ideological clowns have a sixty-eight year plan to leave Australia destitute. Maybe there are good reasons why living organisms rely on hydrocarbons for energy storage?
Posted by Fester, Friday, 16 February 2024 6:17:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy