The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Nuclear the missing piece in Australia’s economic growth puzzle > Comments

Nuclear the missing piece in Australia’s economic growth puzzle : Comments

By Graham Young, published 28/6/2023

There is one area that would have a huge ultimate impact on productivity, and hence inflation and the affordability of all their other promises—that’s energy policy.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."

So…you allude to it, and shoot you self in the foot.

Not smart!
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 1 July 2023 7:39:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But you've ducked the most important question....who are the people leading this brave new world of yours and how do they get selected?

Or haven't you thought that far ahead?
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 2 July 2023 9:12:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“ But you've ducked the most important question”

I dispute the priority you put on your “ own” question. In my world that question doesn’t rate a mention.

Why not concentrate on the suggestions for change, and stop wasting my time.

Try putting your own views forward for change, or maybe your too comfortably ensconced in the fantasy of Democracy as its currently dished up!
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 2 July 2023 7:53:16 PM
That's what I thought DD. You haven't thought that far ahead.

So you think that deriding the act of voting and voting itself shows you to be oh-so much smarter than the rest, it merely shows your lack of consideration.

If you want a society where christians can lynch those you despise, you should have some idea how that society's leadership is going to be determined.

That you don't have the slightest inkling shows that you are just throwing a tantrum about a society you dislike and a people who won't do what you want.

It takes a special type of nihilism to want to tear something down without having even the vaguest idea what to replace it with.

Me? Well I'm pretty happy with democracy and agree that it is the best, most just system of government ever devised by humans. Tinkering at the edges is always required, but childish demands to toss it out without a viable alternative is just.....well childish.
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 3 July 2023 11:43:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy