The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Thoughts on a Voice to parliament > Comments

Thoughts on a Voice to parliament : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 8/3/2023

The SBS documentary, 'Australian Wars' was a chilling revisit to the multitude of efforts by aboriginal people to resist the encroachments on their lands.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Bernie Masters. You need to aware that Alan has a copy of the draft legislation, that is why he is so confident that the ‘Voice’ can only ‘advise’ etc. Tho why PM Albonese has not shared this document with any but Alan is a mystery to me.
Were the legislative arm of govt. not accept the ‘advice’ of the ‘Voice’ or pay ‘sufficient consideration’ to any proposed legislation (other than to reach an affirmative conclusion), with the power vested in the legislation being embedded in the constituent, it would be incumbent on the ‘Voice’ representatives to seek definitions of ‘Advice’, ‘Consideration’ etc etc through the courts. I would be distressed to see reams of legislation clogging the courts until at least the following sitting period. Hmmmmm……
Posted by Pete S, Thursday, 9 March 2023 3:31:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Voice is like Dynamite, it can be used to create & it can be used to destroy ! It all depends on the people's agenda handling it & their mentality !
Going by the people pushing it is what worries me !
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 9 March 2023 8:29:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Whatever the voice is it requires a constitutional change that will legalise electors and electees being of a particular racial origin. No matter how benign or well intentioned the voice might be, I would never agree with legalising racism to make it happen.
Posted by Fester, Friday, 10 March 2023 6:41:08 AM
‘A house divided cannot stand’. ‘The end justifies the means’. Fester accurately identifies the legalising of racism to reach an arguably ineffectual and ‘not fit for purpose’ end. Senator Price has documented a raft of expensive failures to date.

The loudest voices demanding, repeatedly and passionately for societal ‘inclusion’ are the very same voices demanding this wholly ‘exclusionary’ legislation?!. These folk add a whole new dimension to my present understanding of cognitive dissonance.

Like Individual, I am concerned that just one or two ‘bad actors’ can and will ignite this particular fuse, resulting in a log jam of legislation in the courts. Of course, this only presumes there to be a disingenuous actor within the legislature. How rarely have we seen one of those……?

The very notion of embedding institutionalised racism within our constitution is really something I never contemplated happening in Australia.
Posted by Pete S, Friday, 10 March 2023 7:23:03 AM
Racial diversity acknowledgement must be in the form of equal Rights & equal responsibility. This must invalidate counting being hijacked by including all non-indigenous of non-caucasian heritage in any Australian Indigenous Census.
Australian indigenous should be provided with a one-off home & relevant equal pay or salary in the field of work they are employed in on top of the compensation provided thus far.
Compensation must be designed to reduce to basic health services over three to five generations.
The present & future generations of non-indigenous should not be forced to perpetually compensate present & future indigenous as none of the present generations have had any involvement in the right/wrong dealings of the Past. If migration continues along the present levels then this will become the standard anyhow ! It'd pay the indigenous to stop listening to the activists who drew up the Voice !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 10 March 2023 6:25:46 PM
https://youtu.be/-pWlReAbJ0Y

Anyone with even only the slightest interest in the Voice should watch this !
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 11 March 2023 7:43:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy