The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > NBER study indicates that lockdowns during the Covid pandemic were ineffective > Comments

NBER study indicates that lockdowns during the Covid pandemic were ineffective : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 16/6/2022

The US based study found that mortality from all causes during the pandemic were elevated 26% for working age adults (18-64), 18% for the elderly.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
SR,

The question was my way of gently leading you to the truth. And behold! we got there. Yes, islands quarantined and the quarantine worked. It worked here. It worked on other islands.

Not the lockdown. The quarantine. I've been telling you that for two years. Glad to see you caught up.

Let me explain further through an analogy. A patient has cancer and receives aspirin because it might resolve the cancer. He also receives chemotherapy. And he recovers. Its invalid to then claim the cancer was cured by aspirin. Especially when every other patient who received aspirin but not chemo, didn't recover.
Posted by mhaze, Friday, 17 June 2022 8:25:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Great article. There will be many more critical reviews of the unprecedented, unnecessary and damaging responses to the Coronavirus pandemic over the next five years.
Posted by James17, Tuesday, 21 June 2022 9:45:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy