The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is the townhouse ban starting to bite? > Comments

Is the townhouse ban starting to bite? : Comments

By Natalie Rayment, published 20/4/2022

Clearly, there's a real need for more affordable housing options for Queenslanders.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Agree! And just common sense to rezone train station areas to high density. If only to remove some of the cars off of our roads!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 20 April 2022 10:12:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
NIMBY Still alive and well among the wealthy with clout.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 20 April 2022 11:29:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How small can you go. In the new Yarrabilba you can introduce yourself to your neighbors on either side, & out the back, just by both of you sticking your hand out a window. Guess it would save on phone bills if you want to talk to one of them.

At the same time Scenic Rim will not allow my daughter to put a house on mt 19 acre property. This despite some subdivisions to 3 acre blocks with in sight of mine.

Personally I would ban town planners from ever having any input into bylaws, as they always get it wrong, in fact the world would be a much better place if we simply eliminated them entirely.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 20 April 2022 1:28:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy