The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Give me that flipper Shane > Comments

Give me that flipper Shane : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 4/4/2022

When life left the overly worked body of Australia's Shane Warne, who expired in Thailand at 52, the reaction was global. In India and Pakistan, hundreds of millions mourned.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Shane Warne was the best spin bowler the world has ever seen! Could turn it off anything, in a game that is international and played by virtually all age groups for 8 to 80.

Shane did us proud on the cricket field and gave us some of our fondest memories and finest victories.

As for the rest, he was like many great sporting heroes, a likeable rogue.

Rest in peace Shane. And I hope that they do play cricket in heaven.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 4 April 2022 10:31:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Too young to die, and terrible for his parents that he went before they did. But, what we had to bear on the news, every night until the final show at the MCG gave me the pip and again showed the public's neediness and desire to live their lives vicariously. The man was a good spin bowler, and a joy to watch. That's it.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 4 April 2022 12:03:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy