The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Allowing same-sex marriages could be good for the institution of marriage > Comments

Allowing same-sex marriages could be good for the institution of marriage : Comments

By David Skidmore, published 5/5/2004

David Skidmore argues that allow gays to marry would be good for the institution of marraige

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Wow, what an awesome article! I'm a seventeen year old 'lesbian' (that word disturbs me) and i've been looking on the internet for information about same-sex adoption in Queensland and Australia, as i hope to have a family with my partner in the future. The information you've provided in this article is overwhelming, I could have never imagined such legal discrimination in a 'multi-cultural', 'modern', 'just', and 'equal' Australia. Even if i wasnt gay I would be questioning the one-sidedness of this all...how can people and the government push us to the side like this? I know I speak emotionally as I am involved in this but being presented with the facts like you have just done, really makes me fume. You can't tell me that the people of Australia can ignore this forever. Even if each Australian was willing to support 1 gay person they knew, just to simply give them rights and choices, we might begin to sway the government. Why do people keep their mouths shut? I know they're comfortable in their own heterosexual lives (which i respect) but can't they see people they know and love are suppressed by this discrimination?
Posted by court, Thursday, 2 February 2006 11:16:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy