The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The hidden epidemic of chronic wounds > Comments

The hidden epidemic of chronic wounds : Comments

By Fiona Wood and Hayley Ryan, published 21/2/2022

These solutions are 'bleeding obvious' and will deliver long-term, positive health, economic and social benefits.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Many of these conditions may respond to Chelation therapy, which may increase the oxygen rich blood flow to the infected areas? They may respond to ozone treatment as ozone in the bath water, created via a ozone generator and ozone bubbled through the water. they may also respond to hyperbaric chamber treatment at least three atmospheres for at least three hours every third day or so?

And as 3/3/3 complimentary medicine. We're not talking about millionaire medicine here but simple cheap solutions that rely on stuff that is mostly naturally occurring is enduring and or, as cheap as chips.

Avoided by many doctors, because it hurts big pharma's ( the masters) bottom line.

Rather than being ineffective, but very effective indeed! And possibly more effective than a chemist shop full of extremely costly drugs?

We're also hampered by legislators who know SFA about medicine and best practice, [at least do no harm,] medicine?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 21 February 2022 9:44:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where does all this “stuff” come from?

And here I was thinking chronic wounds were associated with battle front war injuries.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 21 February 2022 11:42:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Putting honey on the wounds is also a cheap effective remedy.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Monday, 21 February 2022 11:45:30 AM
Thankyou ladies for highlighting this health issue. I am not far off 70 but fortunate to be healthy though I do notice small skin lesions lake longer to heal and I have substantial (painless) varicose veins in my legs. I try to eat plenty of fruit and veg and a I do walk at least 4 km most days.

How much of the problem is due to poor diet?

Inactivity?

How much is due to genetics and therefore a cross that some must bear?

Perhaps it would help to have a brochure available to at all medical centres?
Posted by Roses1, Monday, 21 February 2022 1:51:51 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
More bandaid solutions?

Chronic wounds ... along with diabetes, obesity and a host of other disease states ... are just one more symptom of our society's ailing health and its complete lack of understanding of the importance of nutrition and of eating unadulterated nutrient-dense food.

Why are people's immune systems so broken that a wound can't heal?

How many of these chronic wounds begin their life through a hospital stay?

And as for the 'public health campaign', will that be like the one we're currently enduring over Covid? Will it be the pharmaceutical quick-fix which is pushed at all costs? And will we be discouraged from seeking out natural and holistic health solutions?

Probably.
Posted by Bronwyn, Monday, 21 February 2022 1:53:31 PM
Many clowns believe that this as something to do with inactivity or an immune system failure etc. Diabetes e.g., may be a condition you are born with. And many are now realizing that smoking has consequences that are just becoming known!

Simply blaming the victim has no place in medicine but in the chapters of the most abysmal ignorance! Or that oxygen is implicated in all healing! Is extremely effective and does not add to big pharma's swollen bottom line!

Moreover, chelation therapy with EDTA. may provide a permanent result, given the way it may clean out clogged arteries and the veins thereby ensuring an oxygen rich blood supply, to all parts. Including hips and knee joints. Which could even result in delaying the need for hip and knee replacements indefinately?

And clean arteries may assist with delaying the onset of dimentia? And other beneficial results. And conforms to the ideal, at least do no harm!

To date the only known case of curing a diabetic ulcer was achieved inside a hyperbaric chamber where oxygen under pressure does what oxygen always does!

Hey clown, if it was your mum or granny, would you tell her that, this was all your effing fault you scumbag? And get up off your effing lazy ass and go for a ten mile run every morning and take all your meals sugar free, including tea, coffee and your breakfast morning cereal. Ain't 20-20 hindsight a wonderful attribute!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 21 February 2022 6:32:49 PM
Many cannot afford a healthy diet but need to live within the means we provide for them. Again too much blame is duck shoved on to the victims of a second class social benefit scheme. If there's just one vacancy, at least 49 of fifty applicants will have to piss off!

Maybe if the pollies had to live on the dole for at least six months and nothing else? It and other benefits would be suddenly improved. On the understanding it's just a money churn and goes straight back into the domestic economy!

Rich pensoniers, just a myth and often confused with privileged superanuants. Often seen pulling the handle of one armed bandits at the local club? I used to go but just for a good cheap meal and not the other stuff! [Still go to the RSL for a night out and good tucker! And to raise a glass to fallen mates!]

Pollies pensions!? How do they manage doing it so tough!? $150,000.00 P.A.? How do they manage?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 21 February 2022 6:54:31 PM
Rich pensoniers, just a myth and often confused with privileged superanuants.
Alan B,
Yes, not all old people were employed in the Public Service where their Super was paid for by the taxpayers !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 22 February 2022 10:17:40 AM
Good article Fiona and Hayley, wound treatment is sadly lacking. I guess there is not enough profit in it to bother with research that couldn't be patented. One of our real problems is we are out living our genetics. Our natural defenses which were great at 30 are not so efficient at 60, & almost gone by 90. Our modern lifestyle is just too safe & healthy, & we are living too long.

My mother in her 90s suffered from ulcers on her lower legs. Years of treatment saw them getting worse, not better. The doctors & nursers insisted on covering then with dressings with water & air tight plastic backings. The wounds stayed soggy & pussy.

In desperation I wandered down the stable & got the latest version of the old Sulfanilamide powder, used to treat surface leg injuries in the horses. After washing & drying the wounds I puffed this on & covered them with only gauze, allowing air to get to the wound. They started to dry out almost immediately.

The visiting district nurse was at first very critical, then impressed, although she said she would be in trouble if she copied the technique.

10 years later I had a bad rope burn after a 65mm rope was dragged across the back of my calf. I attended the local medical center 3 times a week for a month, with no healing, before getting out the old horse powder again. The wound was soon gone.

Looks like the vets are better trained than the doctors. We need the horse wormer for Covid, & the antibiotic powder for wounds, just like they use.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 22 February 2022 12:30:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy