The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > COP26: reading between the 97 clauses of the weak decision > Comments

COP26: reading between the 97 clauses of the weak decision : Comments

By Charles Essery, published 6/12/2021

OK it may have not achieved its ridiculous, impractical phase-out of coal, but it did pass the agreement that is now called

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
COP26's battle cry is "Bureaucrats of the world unite! You have nothing to fear except expanding your departments forever!"

Prosperity must breed narcissism and hubris because a significant proportion of the populations of western countries has gone mad. With a new Nazi Germany in the east threatening a new Czechoslovakia, and making illegal territorial claims on an entire ocean, the chickenlittles of the west are running around screaming that "the sky is getting hotter!"

It is just amazing. Charles Essery, who wrote this article says that the climate scientists have put a figure of 1.1 degrees C as the human component of global warming? Yeah? Not one degree, 1.1 degree. WOW! They are seriously telling us that their computer modelling (because that's all it is) can predict even 0.1 of a degree rise in temperature caused by human CO2 emissions. Complete BS. Even the IPCC stated in it's founding charter that there were so many factors governing the climate of the earth that it was impossible to figure out what was causing what. I guess they hoped that everyone had forgotten what their own statement once declared? Even Steelredux and Foxy would be too smart to accept that.

Well, maybe?

Bureaucracies have proliferated to such an extent in the western world that they now think that they are the government. And they are banding together to Save The World. People can be relied upon to get all morally pure when their jobs are so safe that they can never be unemployed, and their indexed linked pensions will see them into a comfortable retirement. They know that their stupid "world saving" policies are going to cause massive unemployment and financial hardship to everybody. Themselves excluded.

But Saving The World by expanding their departments seems like a noble idea to them. And it makes them feel good about themselves. Even better are those conferences in exotic locations booked in five star hotels, where the bureaucrats of the world pat each other on the back and toast their nobility with chilled Merlot. Not to mention the shopping.

To hell with the peasantry.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 7 December 2021 3:42:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If bureaucracies were to be made reliant on their merit they'd be extinct by the weekend !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 8 December 2021 4:55:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well aid Prof Essery, I saw you lecture at UWS ten years ago, and you certainly shook the comfort zone of then faculty, particularly that DVC Kibble.

Its amazing that your factual dissection of the 97 clause have not been attacked by the usually climate change cultist.. Maybe they can't and are still licking their post COP26 wounds of failure.

Ps why did you leave in 1009 and where did you go?
Posted by Alison Jane, Sunday, 12 December 2021 8:47:00 AM
Thank god there are still a few countries who call a spade a spade, & don't mind saying it out loud.

I wonder if the people of the UK & Germany in particular will discover a back bone, & start shouting that global warming policies are BS, as the no nonsense Tony Abbot once declared, before they freeze to death.

More important, will Ozzies wake up some time soon, after seeing over there, [& in South Oz], the catastrophe that wind mills really are, or will we have to start living in the dark, to finally get some sense, & perhaps even one of those back bones ourselves.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 12 December 2021 11:52:03 AM
That's why I gave up on the liberals, having had to work under the Labour Gov in NSW ( the Carr gang).

Tony Abbott (the mad monk, "tee-hee" if recall the pubescent misandrists of their ABC call him) was treated shamefullyy by the Libs, thank god they realised ( too late ) that Emperor Mal was a plonker working for the Labour Party ( just like his NSW protégé Treasurer Matt "Green" Kean!
Posted by Alison Jane, Sunday, 12 December 2021 1:20:09 PM
Money is on both sides. And talkfests give the illusion of progress while address the squaeky wheel. I am sure the coal industry loves the subsidies for domestic use in Australia to help sustain them. I look at it like this, dont engage in an argument about climate change, I prefer to use renewables as they are not dependant on someone digging up stuff to fuel them, can be generated near the demand and dont pollute the atmosphere with stuff. saves a lot of debate
Posted by graeme123, Monday, 20 December 2021 5:09:21 PM
What a simplistic view you have of renewables, I assume because that is your beleif/faith... If you where a redneck or deplorables you would be lambasted.

Renewables have MASSIVE resource impacts and we have limited data on their lifecycle. The UK offshore (Boris worshipped) windfarms are now decaying after 5 years, despite a 25 year warranty by Siemens... and the court case for compensation only started a year ago... who knows how long the EU courts will spin that one!)

ANY renewable energy is good, but it is a waste if it is subsidised, particularly by poorer electricity users ( as it currently is).

Merry xmas, Greame 123, but after that xmas dinner, read this post again and come back to me.
Posted by Alison Jane, Monday, 20 December 2021 7:59:24 PM
Alison, u appear to be an Abbott fan from an earlier comment, that explains a lot, he was an embarrassment to our country and got his just reward. I don’t want to get drawn into a debate about technology just like everyone gets sucked into the climate change debate about whose computer model has the best inputs and whether its 1.555 deg C or 1.8999. Yes all energy production has inefficiencies that goes for renewable and coal. Coal is also subsidised, so if you don’t like renewable subsidises I guess you don’t like how the coal industry operates with coal at half the price in Australia of that for international coal.
I speak on the basis of living in an area surrounded by coal mines. They destroy farm land, create atmospheric pollution with children that have significantly higher respiratory rates than other non mined areas and interfere with water resources. I have had solar power since 2008, have added nothing since install and neither has there been a decline in efficiency. So this counters your argument of massive resource inputs and reduce efficiency with time.
I think u miss my point about the article, everyone goes into the argument about climate change and how it is or is not affecting the world. The technocrate response. Wrong argument. My argument is: can we use a less resource intensive source(s) that does not pollute air, water and land. And lets face it coal does impact all three on an permanent basis.
Thank you for wishing me a merry Christmas, I hope you have a good christmas.
Posted by graeme123, Tuesday, 21 December 2021 7:16:44 AM
To each their own, I will not follow suit like you lefties and insult Julia, kevin, swanny, albo, sleezy Greg et al or even mention the Green Meanies we havve in state and federal parliament. Our sentiments re land air and water are simialr BUT. I demand actual outcomes which I have measured scientifically, over dreams and green platitudes of faith. Will add more later, must "fly" to Melbourne in my diesel car to do so water audits to help save water and money for a clinet.
Posted by Alison Jane, Tuesday, 21 December 2021 7:28:37 AM
I think the standard of the 2 party system in Australia is very poor, so I am not left nor right but what is the best thing to undertake. I would love a NSW style ICAC in federal politics and cessation of all party donations and go to public funding to get the developers and vested interest businesses out of our democracy. I am more a Jordan Peterson follower. Just because I support renewable energy does not make me a leftie.
I operated a small regional water utility, division of treatment, in country NSW. In that role we undertook audits of water, electricity, chemicals in treatment and carbon including embodied energy. They are all linked and influence each other, my experience is based on actual real life demonstrations, no dreams here.
Posted by graeme123, Tuesday, 21 December 2021 2:24:13 PM
Graeme123. In principle a powerful ICAC would be fine, BUT the NSW model is "fecked" and misused by pollies and bureacrats having a go at each other. AND ICAC staff tend to have political leanings, which in itself is corrupt!..

From personal experience I had a 2 week investigation caused by a snotty, incompetent admnistrator I callout. After two weeks they told me what it was about and they were embarrassed ( but not apologetic for their mis interpretation) when the facts were revealed ( not those made by the snotty vengeful incompetent administer. God knws what it cost for that 2 weeks of farcifacl investigation and all over $700 item on my credit card that was spent to feed 6 senior staff, 2 exec directors and a Director general over 3 days at a planning venue.

Who knows how much lawyers fees were expended, but it is a lucrative gig to be on their " assisting Council" list!
Posted by Alison Jane, Tuesday, 21 December 2021 11:11:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy