The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Religious Discrimination Bill 2021 will secure protection from state-based discrimination laws > Comments

Religious Discrimination Bill 2021 will secure protection from state-based discrimination laws : Comments

By Syed Atiq ul Hassan, published 29/11/2021

The religious discrimination legislation doesn't go far enough, and further action needs to be taken to deal with religious hate crimes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
I disrespect all your holy books, sue me. I'm horrified that faith schools are LibLab's preferred provider. They attract generous SRS funding, while charging full fees, with the right to select and expel any students, the right to ignore anti-discrimination laws.

In crude terms, the Bill is a late dog-whistle, to prop up Morrison's vote among conservative religionists (often Asian Christians) in the Sydney suburban ring. Under Morrison's timelines, it would ensure faith schools could continue to persecute dissident or LBGTQI teachers and students until at least the year 2024
Posted by Steve S, Monday, 29 November 2021 8:57:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"It is the product of a tolerant and mature society that understands the importance of faith and belief to a free society…".

If it was the "product of" a tolerant and mature society, there would be no need for it. But that's just Scomo-speak: he knows we are not a tolerant society, and he thinks that he can enforce tolerance by law. As for him praising his own bill - come on!

And if "we value as Australians: difference, fairness, choice, charity, and if we are not hurting others, the right to live our lives as we choose to" why do we need enforcement?

The whole thing is dangerous, controlling claptrap, entailing political and bureaucratic interference in private beliefs It is not about protecting rights to employ who religious organisations want to employ; it's not about people being able to express religious views; it's about stopping criticism of religion - unless it's the Christian variety.

This character's wish to "make punishment laws to protect the respect and honour of the Holy Books and Messengers of God for all religions" warns that this bill should be thrown out. We should not be forced to "tolerate" anything we don't like or find repugnant. Being 'intolerant' is right as long as no actual harm is caused - and harm does NOT include hurt feelings or dislike of what someone else thinks or says.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 29 November 2021 9:00:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Onya ttbn.

We are no longer a tolerant and mature society when some leftist "human rights" star chamber can prosecute a Bishop in Tasmania, for simply giving his parishioners leaflets urging his flock not to vote for homosexual "marriage", because it is against the teachings of the church. I hope that this legislation puts an end to that classic bit of leftist intolerance, bigotry, and lunacy.

As for church schools, I remember an Irish politician claiming that all of Northern Irelands "troubles" would probably have been avoided if there were no religious schools and Protestant and Catholic kids had mixed together. On the other hand, at least kids going to Catholic schools get some sort of moral instruction in our civilisations Judeo Christian values. Instead of in state schools where they seem to be given moral instruction in sodomy, gender confusion, and hatred of the white race.

On the whole, if this country was still christian I supppose i would still support religious schools. But not now that we have stupidy imported a religion which teaches terrorism, strict social separation, gender segregation, wife beating, and Jihad, perhaps it is time to think again?

Finally, this author wants to introduce blashemy laws into this country. Sorry Abdul, you are about 200 years too late there. The western world gave up on blasphemy laws a long time ago. Which is one reason why we rocketed ahead of your backward Islamic civilisation. In the western world, nobody and nothing is above informed criticism. If you can't handle that, it i a free country, no one is stopping you from returning to wherever you came from and going back to the 6th century. No more home loans, beer, and bikinis for you.

It always amazes me why people such as yourself flee from your own countries which have been ruined by your own religion, and then try to recreate what you fled from?
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 29 November 2021 10:34:21 AM
Very very good ttbn.
I could not possibly improve on that.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 29 November 2021 12:04:34 PM
Will the bill prohibit the advocacy of suppression by one religion of another ?
Will it prohibit the advocacy of the murder by the people of one
religion of people of another religion ?
Will religious publications advocating such practices be banned ?
Will preachers advocating such practices be imprisoned ?

Before you get too excited about all that we have just refurbished and
extended our prison that holds prisoners for just such crimes.
I am of course referring to the prison at Goulburn known as Supermax.
Known by the nickname of the Supermosque.
Now Foxy always criticises me for remarks such as this but they are
still at it in this country, so it just cannot be waved off by woke
complaints.
Real wording in a real legislative act is required.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 29 November 2021 2:21:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy