The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A net-zero target means net-zero development > Comments

A net-zero target means net-zero development : Comments

By Matthew Canavan, published 5/11/2021

A Liberal-National Party government should strive for more jobs, not just different jobs.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All
To Aiden.

I know how infra red solar radiation heats the planet using the greenhouse effect. I get the impression that you just got on an Alarmist site and copied down whatever they were lecturing you with, and you think that makes you sound authoritative?

For many years I sat on the fence in regards to HIGW. I read Professor Plimers book (which was very hard going) and then decided that I would spend a lot of time watching both Alarmist and Denier sites on YouTube to see if I could figure out which side was right

I don't know how many hours I spent watching both sides of the HIGW debate but I would estimate about 50. As I wrote before, my objective opinion was that the Denier sites were a lot more credible. To begin with, they pointed out the very obvious flaws in the Alarmist side, like the Robert Manne's infamous "Hockey Stick Curve" and how Al Gore had pulled the wool over the eyes of a whole class full of university students with his own graph, which appeared to indicate that sea temperature and CO2 was linked, with CO2 leading sea temperature. The Deniers explained how it had to be the other way around. What they pointed out about the graph was logical. It made sense. Either Gore knew the graph was wrong and he was a crook. Or he did not know it was wrong and he was an idiot. An idiot who got the Nobel Prize for completely misrepresenting the truth.

I began to subjectively lean the Denier way. And what also impressed me about the denier point of view was how their facts cross connected with other facts. That is what I call "the ring of truth."

Unless you are prepared to understand both sides of the argument and convince yourself which side is right, you will always be a young man who simply FEELS that the Alarmists are right because of peer pressure. And all you will ever be able to do is parrot off already easily refuted arguments of the Alarmists
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 13 November 2021 8:58:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

Mate you are the one lapping up the manufactured propaganda of smeared on coal dust and fluros.

Damn, you really have brought what this snake oil salesman is selling haven't you.

Wake up to yourself.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 13 November 2021 5:30:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy