The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Dictator Dan has shown his true colours with the Pandemic Management Bill > Comments

Dictator Dan has shown his true colours with the Pandemic Management Bill : Comments

By Andrea Tokaji, published 2/11/2021

Victorians may find themselves in lockdown once again based on a potential pandemic. This new Bill will allow the harshest measures for the longest periods ever - anywhere.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
All the dictatorship achieved was a trashing of small business and a corresponding housing bubble. It’s easy to see the priorities of the ruling classes at work.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 2 November 2021 6:29:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, there were very long shutdowns! But not caused by Dan Andrews, but non-compliant folks, (like the Author) unable or unwilling to consider or give a shite about their fellow Australians or board based health outcomes!?

Compounded by highly inadequate, not fit for purpose, hotel quarantine! When island quarantine from the get-go, would have meant no shutdowns or economic harm!

Don't blame Dan for the shutdowns, the incompetence, the complacency and the asinine policies of the federal government! Which is ultimately responsible for the glacial rollout of vaccines and (not fit for purpose) quarantine arrangements! All of which made those shutdowns an evil necessity!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 2 November 2021 11:33:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Now we see dictator Dan displaying his vindictive megalomania tendencies in deciding who he will let into "HIS" state for the Australian open.

We in Queensland don't really mind what the Victorian public are prepared to put up with dictated by this clown, but when he starts interfering with our international events it is time to step in.

He is definitely not fit to be involved in the management of events like the Oz open, or Oz Grand Prix, & these events should be moved to a state better managed than Victoria, ASAP.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 2 November 2021 12:56:06 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

How's it going old cock? Good? It's been a while.

This is the advice from your State's chief health officer:

"If you arrive in Queensland from overseas you will have to quarantine in government arranged accommodation for 14 days, at your own expense. You cannot leave quarantine to travel interstate or overseas unless you have an exemption from the Chief Health Officer."

No different from Victoria.

I actually applaud what Andrews has done. His reasoning was this:

"What I’m making equally clear on behalf of every vaccinated Victorian who is doing the right thing ... the only fair thing to do is to be very clear with every Victorian, my government will not be applying for an exemption for any unvaccinated player.”

And good on him.

If you want privileged unvaccinated multi-millionaire foreigners to be given an open door then you can have them. Dan and I are sticking up for ordinary Aussies who have done the right thing. If you instead want to be a voice for the privileged then go ahead.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 3 November 2021 3:49:27 PM
How many times do we have to explain how vaccination works.

The ideas is that people become vaccinated which protects them from the infection. Like mumps & measles virus, once immunised you are safe for 10 years.

So all you double jabbed folk are now safe aren't you? What you aren't now safe? In that case you are not vaccinated. I have no idea just what concoction you allowed to be squirted into your body was but if you are still scared of little old me, it was not a vaccine for covid.

Even the dealers in this stuff apparently are admitting it won't stop you catching the virus, even from another "vaccinated" soul. It won't stop you infecting anyone else, except perhaps those recovered from an infection, so just what does it do? Perhaps it should be me, & tennis players who should be protected from you. We all of course should be protected from the likes of Dictator Dan, even those useful idiots who sing his praises, who perhaps need that protection more than any one else.

Meanwhile there is an emerging school of thought from medical experts, that these "vaccines" could modify the immune system of those jabbed to make them more susceptible to new strains that develop.

I really don't care that much. Just like global warming, there are so many riding this new gravy train to great wealth, that we are very unlikely to learn the truth any time soon. Like global warming, there is so much misinformation & straight garbage being pushed by those train riders & others there is very little chance of either of us knowing the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth in our lifetimes.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 3 November 2021 5:16:39 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

Mate, the flu vaccine is yearly with breakthrough infections all the bloody time. Are you seriously saying it has never been a vaccine?

Utter nonsense.

You along with the 3% of other victims of misinformation are being managed.

You are twice as likely to be infected therefore twice as likely to infect others. 94% of those in hospital in Victoria are not fully vaccinated. Bloody selfish in my book.

And scared? What rubbish. You are in a fetal position about a little jab.

What a snowflake.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 3 November 2021 5:31:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy