The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > ATSIC must be replaced by a new body without 'flexible integrity' > Comments

ATSIC must be replaced by a new body without 'flexible integrity' : Comments

By Stephen Hagan, published 28/4/2004

Stephen Hagan describes a body to replace ATSIC

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
I watched a news item last night that had some Indigenous content attached to it. From personal experience I knew that the commentary was mis representing Indigenous people from that area. In disgust I turned the channel over.

But this is typical of mainstream reporting, advertisiing, promotion in the media. They will manipulate the facts to suit what sells. Yet if I promote an issue that is not correct I could be liable.

My point is that the Indigenous people need have a voice and a focus asap. Only Indigenous people can begin to address Indigenous issues. And do not be misled about the hype that Indigenous people have had 200 hundred odd years to get it right and still not progressed. No one will ever get "it" right,however, what Indigenous people aspire to is to be able to make decisions relevant to Indigenous interests and not mainstream's interests. The Australian government has not got it right in its 200 years of occupation or 100 years of occupation either.

Indigenous people will progress and will have equity in the the land and wealth of this country. The longer the government and politicians deny Indigenous people their rightful inheritence to this country, the quicker their governments will go down the tubes. When Indigenous people prosper proportionally to the rest of the country, we will witness a trully blessed nation.
Posted by Raven, Monday, 3 January 2005 1:58:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy