The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Mr Branson goes to space > Comments

Mr Branson goes to space : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 20/7/2021

'These are not the robber barons of the 1800s... They are Apollo's children.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Global warming is not our most most urgent problem: it is Communist China, which has just threatened to 'nuke' Japan if it interferes in China's plans for Taiwan.

"Egotistical" billionaires do not need our permission to spend their own money how they wish. Whatever we think of them and what they do, it is none of our business; it is particularly not the business of Leftist whiners who have achieved nothing for anybody, including themselves.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 20 July 2021 2:01:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I had to contend with a journey into the heavens in a smallish aeroplane which I had built myself and the thrill of that was for me just as great as Mr Branson had in his multi million dollar craft.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Tuesday, 20 July 2021 5:16:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not really in favour of frivolous activities that burn holes into the Ozone layer.
There are already too many rockets going up willy nilly !
I would however, be supportive of a scheme that sends Lefties into Space for a round the Universe journey !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 20 July 2021 5:56:47 PM
Poor Bronwyn, I wonder if she will ever realise the global warming is a simple scam to keep the not very bright worried & under control.

Alan if you have a dream, it is up to you to realise it. Branson has earned the right to spend his own money on perusing his dream, not as you direct.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 20 July 2021 9:42:21 PM
It's not just his own money Branson is spending. Some of it is ours.

Virgin Airlines pays virtually no tax in Australia yet put their hand out for Jobkeeper payments and other ongoing taxpayer subsidies.

Living in a tax haven, he personally pays no income tax.
Posted by rache, Wednesday, 21 July 2021 1:08:06 AM
Living in a tax haven, he personally pays no income tax.
rache,
He should have to pay Tax but if it means for thousands of his employees to lose their jobs then better this way for time being !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 21 July 2021 7:37:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy