The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Now is the time to enhance public support for greater assistance for PNG and the South Pacific > Comments

Now is the time to enhance public support for greater assistance for PNG and the South Pacific : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 28/6/2021

The Lowy Institute survey out last week contains some very re-assuring statistics on public attitudes to supporting Papua New Guinea and the South Pacific.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
As Australia has become a logistical nightmare of modular-culturalism, held together at the borders by a war of property ownership, which separates the warring factions; what interest do Australians have as a group in PNG?
And the further question leading from this reality, is what and who is an Australian of today?

What is the new and untested extension of the nightmare called loyalty of modular-culturalism. (The logistical term is “siloing”).
To have all the silos moving in the one direction, can be very easily observed as “ the impossible dream”.

The extension of all the above reality, simply shows the tightness of the noose which binds the neck of the whole country called Australia, and its impotence at dealing not only with domestic issues, but issues in its region.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 28 June 2021 10:08:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I say no. Let the turncoat fuzzy wuzzies embrace their new Asian master and let them live with the consequences!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 28 June 2021 11:01:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dan. It's not Australia that makes all the asinine decisions about borders/how much debt-funded assistance we can roll out to near neighbours, but rather the conflicted ideological idiots currently ruining the show.

We live in a fool's paradise just as we did in the thirties, imaging ourselves protected under another nation's defence umbrella. And when push came to shove in a fight for freedom. they went AWOL.

Further complicated by idiots that think, if we disarm? That'll protect us from hostile entities that see us/our resource-rich country as a most desirable prize.

We were totally unprepared for the Japanese preemptive strike in the early forties! Even less so today when facing a far worse threat from yet another evil axis, all of who are nuclear-armed, some of who we sell uranium to?

Also, we sell iron ore, coal/gas which may one day be returned as warships warplanes and bombs etc, etc.

How much fight would be left if our three biggest cities/their manufacturing sectors were bombed out of existence in a single night by a few dozen stealth bombers delivering smart bombs to painted targets?

None of it stopped by a few red-nosed pompous pollies pounding pulpits and proudly postulating that we the people would resist to the last civilian.

What with? Broomsticks?

I could grease mine and sneak up on one or two and ram it up where the sun never shines? To use as a weapon.

It'd be like a medieval tournament and jousting? Except my charger would be my chair and the broomstick my weapon? And thrust down the throat until the opponent had all he could swallow and then some! Yelling as I delivered the coup de grace, would you like fries with that, Ying Tong?

If words were weapons delivered with bellicose belligerence, we could rule the world, hey?

But they're not! What won the last war was a single nation's ability to manufacture a defence capacity far faster than anyone thought possible! As we could if we but had ultra-cheap energy/automated production.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 28 June 2021 11:57:15 AM
What I say AllanB, is we are not a nation that remotely resembles the one pre 1940 either.

I point out that because of the bastardisation of culture resulting from multiculturalism, loyalty to this nation will be thin on the ground.
Nothing and nobody should be trusted.

Also, due to the low bar of necessity in foreign investment reporting, Chinese money and investment in Australia is an unknown. Just something else we a lied to about by Politicians.

The US is totally unreliable as an ally. 1860 was its last civil war, and nothing much has changed since then; refer to the Israelis for proof of that. Fickle at best!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 28 June 2021 1:21:44 PM
When you have an ungovernable drug-ridden Demographic then exactly what is the point of anything ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 28 June 2021 3:27:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy