The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Marxist Mark took away your international freedoms and rights under COVID > Comments

Marxist Mark took away your international freedoms and rights under COVID : Comments

By Andrea Tokaji, published 10/5/2021

At midnight, on 23rd of April 2021, Western Australia's State of Emergency was set to expire. Just in time, another alleged spread of COVID occurred from our hotel quarantine facilities.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
"Make no mistake: your rights and freedoms have been taken away from you disproportionately and illegally by governments who have overreached their powers constitutionally….".

True. But the plebs approve: they are lapping it up. That's how totalitarianism comes about; and when it gets worse, as it will, there will be nowhere for refugees to go, from Australia, because the rest of the West is the same. When plebs return a neo- Marxist government like WA's as they did recently, just because they think the scum "saved" them from a bad 'flu by removing their rights, all is lost. They are no different from the 1.3 billion Chinese, who could defeat the Communists with sticks if they wanted to.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 10 May 2021 8:56:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry, but your article seems to b the product of an intellectually challenged juvenile. And borderline libel? Using highly inappropriate labels does nothing to improve a patently preposterous piece of pernicious parsimonious propaganda, promulgated by a postering, postulating pompous political popinjay?

Here's the thing. None of this would have been necessary if we had, fit for purpose Island quarantine. And ramped vaccine production of the Pfizer type!

And all laid at the feet of an incompetent PM, who ought to go back to Honolulu and just hand it to independent experts. Given his forte is and was marketing and selling unpalatable messages and absurd right-wing ideology.

Thus far the one thousand million spendathon has merely supported consumption and little else. As very rapid rail once again goes begging!

They've announced a big infrastructure spend that seems aimed at their base/cronies/political status quo. The elephant in the room is their highly flawed energy policy that comes with too many unproductive anchors/ And imposed middlemen costs/political ATMs.

Therefore the real question becomes, are we governed by elected public servants or their covert political masters? The results thus far would seem to indicate the latter, as does this piece of pass the parcel, political propaganda?

Sweet hulali, you beautiful flower, you are my dream of paradise completed, you are my dream come true.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 10 May 2021 10:57:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poorly written but I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately we can now clearly see that "rights" are really only what the people in power choose to afford us. Constitutional rights mean nothing when the government or high court will not enforce them on our behalf.
Unfortunately we seem to be living in an age of mass hysteria where no matter how minor the problem is, it can be blown into an existential crisis by a willing and incompetent media, and politicians who have learned that scaring people (and then "keeping them safe") is the easiest way to gain and maintain power. The Covid pandemic is no different to the "Climate crisis" the "Systemic racism crisis" and the "crisis in women's safety". All have a tiny core of truth covered in mountains of rhetoric and disinformation, justifying extraordinary government actions and infringements on our freedoms.
Posted by Rhys Jones, Monday, 10 May 2021 11:56:24 AM
So called "human rights" are meaningless because they were invented by humans for humans...........
Putting Dracula in charge of the blood bank indeed.
Posted by ateday, Monday, 10 May 2021 12:34:22 PM
>We have willingly given up the majority of our rights and freedoms in response to the fear of death: due to a virus that has statistically taken mostly the elderly, with the majority who contract it: surviving and thriving.

Voters lead, Politicians follow, the "strongman" braggadocio politicians are becoming de riguer. From Trump, to Bolsonaro, to Palaszczuk, to McGowan. Voters lap it up, so if I was a politicians I would as well.

I certainly don't blame the politicians for any of it, I am appalled at my fellow voters, a resounding message sent by ousting them at the elections would have served to nip it in the bud but quite the opposite.

Clive James once observed: “The problem with Australians is not that so many of them are descended from convicts, but that so many of them are descended from prison officers.”

I think it was CLive James t
Posted by Valley Guy, Monday, 10 May 2021 1:30:31 PM
Oh what tripe.

Most people will be looking at India and be saying, yup, prepared to put up with restrictions rather than face that.

This person however thinks "We have willingly given up the majority of our rights and freedoms in response to the fear of death: due to a virus that has statistically taken mostly the elderly, with the majority who contract it: surviving and thriving."

No, we have temporarily allowed the government to assume greater authority in order to deal with a bloody PANDEMIC.

Why is it that freedom freaks inevitably go with the 'I'm alright Jack' and stuff the rest approach?

It really is a crap approach to life and certainly not in keeping with Australians values for the most part.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 10 May 2021 2:43:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy