The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Far-reaching reform of funding and services crucial for aged care > Comments

Far-reaching reform of funding and services crucial for aged care : Comments

By Tristan Ewins, published 9/3/2021

The Guardian reports that after over 20 years of 'efficiency dividends' almost $10 billion a year has effectively been ripped out of the Aged Care budget.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
What ever Tristan got his PhD in it most certainly couldn't have been math. Other wise he couldn't make such ridiculous demands about spending. The same goes for the royal commissioners. There is no way we could afford even a small percentage of the money they want to spend.

We have recently learned just how ridiculous is the money we pay senior management of the NDIS, at over a million PA for some of them, & how much over the top the payments to some recipients really is.

The pension is reasonable compensation for people who paid taxes all their lives, but things like the excessive NDIS & Gonski are certainty Gillard's revenge on those who refused to love her, & long are we likely to suffer fir it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 3:39:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So how is it the Dutch are able to spend twice as much proportionately on Aged Care than we do?
Posted by Tristan Ewins, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 4:57:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tristan Ewins,
I suppose the Dutch have Centuries of culture behind them to help them be competent & less self-serving managers ! I wonder what percentage their Public Service is ?
My guess is nowhere near the 42 or so % it is here !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 6:15:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
From what I see on a regular basis, the problem of profiteering by nursing homes in Au, can be addressed by competition.

The competition should be driven by the public hospital system, a state government enterprise.

I say this, since I’ve long observed nursing homes used by hospitals to rid themselves of the long term iIl patients.

The standard of care in a hospital is fundamentally superior to their nursing home cousins. That is the fault line to jerk the nursing home industry into gear, and would qualify for big spending Government infrastructure investments.

Nursing homes should be an on the sidelines enterprise only. Not as they are now, where there are no options available for the dying aged.

And speaking of nursing homes, where is Alan B and runner, conspicuous by their absence.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 9 March 2021 7:10:36 PM
No idea on Runner, tongue in cheek it may have something to do with him finally being punished for his bigotry displayed here on OLO!

As for Alan, I suspect he probably succumbed to Thorium poisoning, eating far too many bananas most likely.

Seriously I hope they are both well, I too miss their zealous posts.
Galen
Posted by Galen, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 12:39:45 AM
What about all the Chinese aged care facilities that are being built by the Chinese for the Chinese? Especially in Sydney - Australia's first Chinese city.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 10 March 2021 4:52:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy