The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Private sector debt is a burden, not an economic benefit > Comments

Private sector debt is a burden, not an economic benefit : Comments

By David Kauders, published 24/2/2021

Australian private debt is now 200% of GDP some four times the level of public borrowing. Does this private sector debt affect economic growth?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
plantagenet,
I never said you needed to buy it. But you seemed intent to shill it.

BTW did you see the program on SBS at 7:30 about Britain's most Plantagenet town?

___________________________________________________________________________________

>...such as those who go bankrupt & leave subcontractors stranded with the Govt bureaucrats' blessings !
I think they're a figment of your imagination. If not, can you provide an example?
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 24 February 2021 9:07:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Aidan

Thanks for asking.

Naturally I watched SBS, 7:30, about Canterbury "Britain's most Plantagenet town" in the "Britain's Most Historic Towns" series http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britain%27s_Most_Historic_Towns

My Plantagenet forebears were a mixed lot. An unwholesome bunch of vicious basically ex-Normans to many.

Even my Plantagenet ancestor Richard I "the Lionheart", was meant to be a Good King according to misplaced legend. But Dick I, hardly spoke English, loved war and stripped England of its wealth to fight wars for fun, in far off lands. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_I_of_England#Modern_reception

On a positive note:

Another reason I watch all of "Britain's Most Historic Towns" is I have a thing for brilliant, beautiful, happy, articulate woman.

In that regard knowing Alice Roberts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Roberts is a pleasure.

Regards
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 24 February 2021 10:08:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
can you provide an example?
Aidan,
It's against the Law to do so but I'll suggest to you to open your eyes & ears & listen & watch current affairs programmes etc.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 24 February 2021 10:39:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan, there is no doubt that there is a place for deficit spending in the cycle of economic policy.

However, it is all one way now as the world has run out of solutions to complex issues.

Spend, spend, spend and to hell with long term consequences, albeit any solution is going to cause real pain.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Thursday, 25 February 2021 3:45:52 AM
Chris Lewis,
What do you imagine those long term consequences are, and why?
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 25 February 2021 9:14:41 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the world has run out of solutions to complex issues.
Chris Lewis,
All that needs to be done to counter that complexity is to put common sense people in charge instead of "qualified" ones.
The problem is to get close enough to push the first Domino in the revenue-taking self-protection Elite that outnumber the revenue-making caste !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 25 February 2021 11:40:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy