The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Climate Change and what we should do about it > Comments

Climate Change and what we should do about it : Comments

By Guy Hallowes, published 4/2/2021

Surely it is not a big stretch to apply these principles (i e listening to the scientists) in dealing with Climate Change.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Pete S, oh yes I am aware that the "conventional" belief has become
so ingrained that it has become religion like.
The next time I see smoke coming out of a power station stack I will
know they have elected a green pope.
Do their Cardinals wear green or red capes and hats ?
Give them time they will buy unused churches, ha !

Quite funny really, just thinking about my facetious comment I just
made they really do have their Pope, bishops etc even their mad monks !
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 6 February 2021 5:19:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Author States - Consequences of not doing enough
The consequences of not doing enough will be catastrophic for both Australia and the World at large.

An increase in droughts, heatwaves, devastating bushfires and Cyclones. This is already happening.
A rise in sea levels, which has and will result in coastal erosion. For example many Sydney suburbs will be prone to flooding, including Sydney Airport and suburbs surrounding Paramatta river . All Australian Capital cities will be similarly affected.
The Pacific Island States will be devastated. Many will become unliveable, resulting in large numbers of people feeling they have no option but to migrate to Australia.
The world at large.
Similar trends to Australia.
Australia has an opportunity to become a world leader in renewable technology. Instead we seem to be clinging onto what is rapidly becoming dated technology.

I ask the author - could you please provide evidence as to to claims in article.

Or what evidence (do you have) as to above claims that not other Aussie persons researching "global climate" can agree to?
Posted by SAINTS, Wednesday, 10 February 2021 9:11:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Errr Saints I think some of your assertions are untrue.
One in particular I note is about Island states.
Look up Coastal Institute Auckland University.
They did a survey of Pacific Islands;
65% were larger.
20% were unchanged.
The rest were smaller.

Cheers
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 10 February 2021 9:35:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy