The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > National anthem and history > Comments

National anthem and history : Comments

By John Williams, published 25/1/2021

It is little understood that whilst this 'Commonwealth of ours' today assumes an all-inclusive Commonwealth, the Commonwealth of 1901 included only six states and ignored the Commonwealth of Aboriginal Nations.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Personally I like the seekers song I am Australia as it includes all cultures but that aside every year Australia day brings out the activists and lambs who don't really know what Australia day is. Cook landed here three days before the 26th. What Australia day is the day on which Australians became Australians and not British Jan 26 194(7) I think. It only after this that Australian passports were issued. having said that the Aboriginals need their own day. The other thing that happens on the 26th is the desire to have the Australian flag recognised. Where I grew up red was the color of death. You painted things red and wore red paint when someone died. To me the Aboriginal flag is not something I worship-death. So the Aboriginals want to have another national anthem. Who will design and choose this? A group of activists who represent onlly a small proportion of the many communities that once were predominant here.
Posted by hospas, Monday, 1 February 2021 8:33:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy