The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > SA Centre Alliance kills hope for university arts and humanities > Comments

SA Centre Alliance kills hope for university arts and humanities : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 14/10/2020

Currently arts degrees cost around $21,000 but thanks to Rebekha Sharkie MP and Senator Stirling Griff from the SA Centre Alliance, the total cost of an Arts degree will be around $45,000 or more.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Well well, some sense at last. All those useless degrees, used only to gain public service jobs,[what a laugh that is], will now cost more.

In fact those really interested in "the arts" can now pay at least some of the cost to produce them.

The general public, interested in football, cricket & horse racing have been paying for too long to prop up a basically useless section of academia, for no return what so ever.

Thank god there were enough minor party people to stop Labors buying of the academic vote yet again.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 14 October 2020 1:00:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn :-)) your not wrong mate: more right than you realise too! Very good!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 14 October 2020 3:12:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
DD,

Nice to know.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 14 October 2020 3:42:15 PM
What have been some of the benefits to our society by people with Arts degrees & what percentage of them thus far?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 14 October 2020 5:11:54 PM
no skin off my …, as I too criticise Australia's humanities.

But to suggest that Arts degrees are useless is really pathetic and represents no understanding of how real world works or the skills that such degrees develop.

I got to meet two PMs and have dinner with a DP through my own meagre humanities efforts.

What about you critics
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 14 October 2020 6:43:07 PM
Great Chris, if you find value in your "meagre humanities efforts" that's fine, but tell me what value the local check out chick gets for your efforts. Then prey tell, why she should contribute to that value you may be able to find, but many of us could not.

So mate, if it is of value to you, & some other students, I suggest you & they should pay the full cost. I can not see the value to the tax payer of your meetings with 2 PMs and dinner with a DP to the tax payer who paid for the majority of your education.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 14 October 2020 8:47:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy