The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Economy, climate ‘more important than Covid’ > Comments

Economy, climate ‘more important than Covid’ : Comments

By Graham Young, published 1/10/2020

Annastacia Palaszczuk’s tough border policies are winning support from up to three quarters of Queenslanders but that might not be enough in itself to clinch the October 31 election.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Slightly off-topic: I'm all in favour of a strict lock-down until there are no more cases in a particular region, but I must say it was beautiful to hear a jet coming in this morning - and then another one this evening.

But of course, this is South Australia, which has had a sensible anti-virus policy from the outset.

I hope that people in other states can have the same experience.

Joe
Posted by loudmouth2, Friday, 2 October 2020 10:01:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here in FNQ we're being flooded by camper vans & caravans. I wonder how long it'll be before the first COVID-19 case gets reported.
Saw some pretty unsavoury characters prancing around the markets this morning.
Judging by the huge number of trailer boats on our roads, the rivers & reefs are in for a massive flogging by all those environmentalists moving in.
Dogs too are brought in large numbers.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 3 October 2020 11:40:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Your model, cry as you might about the suffering of the landlord, has a crude simplicity to it which, if costs increase pass them on to the tenant". Dan.

Are you suggesting that landlords with returns even lower than bank interest should go into a loss mode, to provide housing for someone who doesn't do it for them selves Dan? That hardly seems a reasonable situation.

I have lived on a boat, in a tent, in a tin shed, with news paper jammed into the corrugations of the tin to keep the sand flies & mozzies out, & another with shade cloth & old indoor/outdoor carpet for walls, but I have always managed to provide myself with a roof. I believe people should take responsibility for themselves & provide themselves with accommodation before they stretch the budget to booze, tobacco & petrol.

Personally I don't think it is asking too much that people provide their own housing, before they expect someone else to provide it for them. There are plenty of fruit picking jobs on offer, with accommodation as part of the deal. If people refuse to do the jobs crying out for workers, they in no was deserve subsidised housing.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 3 October 2020 12:26:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy