The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Adelaide in ICU as economy and jobs collapse > Comments

Adelaide in ICU as economy and jobs collapse : Comments

By Malcolm King, published 21/8/2020

Years of political, economic and psychological regression in South Australia, has turned this gurning crapocracy into a delusionary child, who blames the other states for its lack of jobs, hope or social cohesion.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Valley Guy,
No such thing as LNP in SA. The Nats are relatively insignificant, and have previously been in coalition with Labor.

Nick Xenohon's party would probably have been a much better alternative for SA than Labor or Liberal, but he made three enormous blunders in his election campaign:
• He didn't effectively communicate his party's policies.
• Instead he ran a political jingle, oblivious to how much Croweaters loathe those because of Labor's Gilligan's Island ad in the late '90s.
• He didn't run candidates in all seats.

Hasbeen, don't worry - whenever I make a statement that's true, you're likely to assume it to be false because it contradicts what you think you know. Whenever I make a statement that's factual, you assume I've invented it. And you're so unbalanced that you'd never recognise any of my statements as balanced because they fail to give your lunatic fringe views due consideration!
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 24 August 2020 4:46:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Aidan

I'd be careful.

Calling Hasbeen a lunatic is likely to offend decent lunatics.

Maybe an idiot in search of a village?
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 24 August 2020 10:46:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
plantagenet,
I did not call Hasbeen a lunatic.
Saying someone has lunatic fringe views does not imply they're actually a lunatic.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 25 August 2020 12:54:16 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
With respect Aiden- My understanding is Nick Xenohon is a big supporter of the Education Industry in SA.

At least Marshall comes from a British Adelaide family though perhaps not from the in-crowd- this means that at least SA is represented by someone that appears to have strong Adelaide roots. Adelaide politicians have protected heritage in a way that few states have managed to achieve- with some notable exceptions.

The "Malcolm King" article appears to be broadly saying that "change is good" on this I strongly disagree. Maybe this is a way of getting a Liberal Politician to baiting proof of his credentials as being pro-business at the expense of the Adelaide community. I guess small L liberals don't value community.

I'd hate to see large developers get the green light to hack the cultural heart and soul out of the city like has been "achieved" in so many other Australian cities. To an extend the megalith of the Education Industry has probably already done significant damage there and their young are more vulnerable to large changes in the labour market and immigration impacts than other places.

The Murray River issue is a long standing issue with SA, NSW and VIC. Not sure how they deal with this issue in other places.

One of the questions I would be asking if Malcolm King really wanted to help SA is "why don't the SA people act in support of certain policies"- as ex-World Bank Economist Joseph Stiglitz says- because they don't see it as in their self interest- then Malcolm King comes along and bullies them and says they are stupid so they will do what he wants. There are words for people like that.

Perhaps Malcolm King is just another developers astro-turf shill that makes a mess and then leaves and families that have lived there for generations have to live with the nuclear fallout.

A bit of anti-Murdoch (Advertiser) propaganda thrown in. Notably Rupert Murdoch probably has much more of a touchstone to Adelaide than many
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 27 August 2020 8:49:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy