The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Helping PNG improve border security is in Australia's national interest > Comments

Helping PNG improve border security is in Australia's national interest : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 18/8/2020

The Australian Federal Police deserve high praise for shutting down a major cocaine trafficking exercise near Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, that was intended to deliver a drug haul valued at around $80 million to Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Interesting comments above in this string.

Regular profits from regular 500kg cocaine flights would presumably buy lots of cooperation from corrupt individuals on both sides of the PNG-Aus border.

Was this regular cocaine smuggling activity only "officially detected" and terminated because the plane crashed - preventing corrupt individuals on both sides of the border from being paid off this time?
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 18 August 2020 7:14:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Plant: Was this regular cocaine smuggling activity only "officially detected" and terminated because the plane crashed - preventing corrupt individuals on both sides of the border from being paid off this time?

Hmmm... Most likely given of what I have witnessed for myself happening in that area.

Indy: senior Sergeant about this'n that & drug running. I can still hear his voice saying 'If you witness drug running, don't go to the Cops, they're more than likely involved".

Oh Yeah! Given of what I have witnessed for myself happening in that area.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 22 August 2020 11:54:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy