The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The pandemic of racism In America > Comments

The pandemic of racism In America : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 21/7/2020

We are now reaping the harvest of the seeds of racism and discrimination - the devaluation of black life.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
The reality is what you fellas in your comfort zone like to deny. Read the article and then criticise, but until then you don't have a leg to stand on. As it is titled;'The pandemic of racism In America', is factual and presents the reality, not your rednecked blinked view of denial, or your habit of victim shaming that you so often engage in. The time has come where the oppressed are sick of the pathetic excuses of the oppressors.

The Americans can do themselves a great symbolic service in November by unceremoniously dumping that nincompoop, the racists-in-chief, Donald Trump. Then they can get to work of creating a true democracy, addressing the wrongs of racism, and all the systemic disadvantage that exists within. Is that a bit too much for you fellas to take on board?
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 22 July 2020 2:42:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

and you honestly believe all that you have just written?
Be careful and consider your answer, it will encompass your attitude and how you will be seen or regarded by others.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 22 July 2020 5:09:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ALTRAV,

If "by others" you are referring to the Forums little band of rednecked racists, and how they see or regard me, they concern me not in the slightest. Why should I care what you or others think. In fact if you were to start agreeing with me, I'd want to known what I was doing wrong.

As I said why don't you try to counter the points raised in the article? Now that would be too much, to many facts for you to argue with.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 22 July 2020 8:58:56 PM
Paul,

No, No, not at all.
No I am biding my time while I get my VPOD set up.
In the meantime I am not going to give the children on OLO the satisfaction of misinterpreting anything I say that will fuel their ego's and risk me getting shut down.
Knowing now, the caliber of the commentors and adjudicators, on OLO, I will keep my head down until I decide what to do when I start to focus on my new VPOD.
So carry on by all means.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 22 July 2020 10:34:09 PM
the Forums little band of rednecked racists
Paul1405,
I know of only one racist here, you !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 22 July 2020 10:55:44 PM
Read the article, but not terribly impressed - so much virtue signalling, and of course it's all the fault of 'whites' - and their 'retention' of values 'inherited' from slavery in America, and which the whites consciously or unconsciously have retained, supposedly embedded deep in the white American psyche such that it pervades and pollutes majority 'white' thinking, forcing them to automatically discriminate against every black/coloured person they encounter - if not to outright distrust and fear them! (And perhaps 'hate' them?)

Could this unconscious fear and distrust possibly be justified?

Black Americans abused, bashed and murdered by other Black Americans - by the thousands - and, nothing to see here; just business as usual - but, of course it's all whitey's fault, the Black American had no option, because whitey has left 'them' no option.

Now we see Black Americans (and various followers) rampaging in the streets (in peaceful protest, of course), destroying property, looting, abusing police and throwing bricks or Molotov cocktails at them (the 'enemy'), taking over precincts in some places - and patrolling burnishing automatic weapons.
Brilliant stuff. Eminently designed to demonstrate how responsible and trustworthy they (rampaging Black Americans) are - obviously.

Now, white businesses are worried, cowering, lest they and their products be boycotted (or their property attacked). So, the 'virtue signalling' begins - offering millions for Black education, scholarships, counseling, housing provision, and possibly even jobs.

And, the continuing protests and rampaging don't instill 'fear' in whitey, no, they only reaffirm the genuine Black conviction and belief that it's all for 'the cause', and will only act to provoke further 'virtue signalling' from philanthropic whitey?
Or, could this backfire?
Keep up the rampaging and we'll see.

John Lewis, Martin Luther King, Barack Obama and more - musicians, actors, sports men and women, Representatives, Senators, Governors, Mayors, Councillors, and more. Just lucky I guess. Sponsored by - whitey?

Certainly a lot of legitimate Black grievances, but the 'formula' being applied to rectify them can only be adjudged as severely flawed.
There can and must be a better, peaceful, more diplomatic way?
Posted by Saltpetre, Thursday, 23 July 2020 10:20:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy