The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Should Australia's Liberal Party be more conservative? > Comments

Should Australia's Liberal Party be more conservative? : Comments

By Chris Lewis, published 14/7/2020

However, for the most part, the best way conservatives can contribute to influence the mainstream political parties is to keep utilising public forums to inform the public of its ideas.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Hi Chris, thanks for your several informative comments including this one....." another piece that made myself loved given that a professor wrote to the VC and stated I was an anti-Labor scholar "......These words and actions by the professor further strongly confirms my view - including what happened to Prof Peter Ridd - that most of the faculty ( Professors, administration & staff )in the Unis are mostly Lefties and like the ABC should be defunded until the Uni faculties are roughly half conservative and half Lefty. What hope for a good sound future when our education and uni system is doing its best to ensure we are all Lefties. We do not want or need to become like the huge disaster that the Democrats have become in America, even without including reports that way back when the Democrats formed the terrible ku klux klan, damaging/hanging etc the African-Americans. Cheers Peter
Posted by PeterC, Friday, 17 July 2020 8:40:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The defenders of the Rudd Govt's handling during the GFC tend to overlook one critical fact.
The Rudd Govt. didn't inherit the left-overs of a Rudd Govt !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 18 July 2020 6:56:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australia's relatively easy passage through the GFC was entirely due to the net zero government debt, the strong banking system and strong economy that the Liberals left in 2007.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 19 July 2020 5:23:51 AM
Hi Chris, in no way should my criticism of the Morrison's governments handling of the economy be interpreted as an endorsement of the alternative. As far as I am concerned ScumO' and Albo are in the same boat. My membership of the NSW branch of the ALP terminated about 25 years ago, I was never expelled, but it wasn't accepted again 2 years back when I moved to Queensland, I didn't hide the fact of previous membership, I can only assume they have long memories. My wife is an ALP member, Although she is not overly impressed with Albo, she prefers Penny Wong. In the past 25 years I think I have only preferenced Labor over Liberal two or three times, and that was in Federal elections, not state. Although I always gave a good Labor mate a preference vote at council elections, that's all he ever wanted to do, be a local councillor, and he was good at it, very civic minded. Then the ALP done the dirty on him for no particular reason about 3 years ago, put him in an unwinnable 3rd on the ticket when he ran 2nd at pre-selection, they would rather put a state MP's friend in at 2, after years of loyal membership, that's what you get from the ALP. I told my friend to resign and run as an independent, and we would get him re-elected with Green preferences, but he was just too loyal.

"I don't see Labor finding it any easier." too true.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 19 July 2020 6:58:29 AM
she is not overly impressed with Albo, she prefers Penny Wong.
Paul1405,
And, here I was thinking you were the one with the problems !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 19 July 2020 8:03:04 AM
Unlike you Indy, the wife is true to her convictions. If I was you, I would take myself off welfare for life, and go it alone. Unfortunately going it alone, and you would not survive for 5 minutes without that taxpayer la grasse. Have you done your 750 buck handout this week, or like the other 85% stuffed it in the good old bank account for when the pokies get going again down at gods waiting room?
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 19 July 2020 9:42:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All