The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Misconduct, the University of Queensland and Drew Pavlou > Comments

Misconduct, the University of Queensland and Drew Pavlou : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 8/6/2020

The University of Queensland's approach in tackling this fire cracker has been to treat any criticism of overreliance on China, be it through student numbers or the funding of Confucius Institutes, as an attack on their

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I love reading this boys articles. I'm always strangely convinced by their "truth" as well.
I find myself being led around by the nose, and happily submit.

Probably somthing to do with my non-alignment to political ideology, long ago left behind at the rise of Hawke and Keating.
If they weren't enough to convince you to run, then you were brain dead!

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 8 June 2020 9:12:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This affair shows just how under the thumb of the Chinese Communist Party Australian universities are. And Mr. Smirk, our PM, says and does nothing.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 8 June 2020 11:04:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn. You sum it up rather well, I thought, save I could add in direction to the actual issue. Don't bite the than that feeds you, at least until it stops feeding you!

And China's overreaction to perfectly legitimate criticism has been to punish us economically!

And a good thing! Because Mr Smirk and co., may have to be far more bold, decisive and visionary, to build local self-reliance, self-sufficient and self-defence as never before! And then telly the new bully on the block, GFY!

And if we did all that? And we could, I mean, we own a 2,5 trillion dollar super fund and the government has never ever rolled out self-terminating, thirty-year, government-guaranteed, tax-free, investment bonds.

And think, huge super funds the world over are now looking for long-term, safe harbours for their member's money! We'd be bowled over in the stampede!?

Just need the smirk replaced by some new and visionary ideas and not only could we put everybody to work, but build an economy and coalescing cohabiting peaceful society the envy of the world!

It made such a pleasant change when Mr smirk started listening to the expert advice and was guided by the best available science, doncha think?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 8 June 2020 11:40:36 AM
I hope this matter is brought to court.

Bloody disgrace.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Monday, 8 June 2020 2:17:11 PM
unbelievable that an Art student is penalised for having adverse views about a disgusting regime.

And now universities are concerned about loss of chinese students.

What a joke that we even rely so much on foreign students
Posted by Chris Lewis, Monday, 8 June 2020 2:22:41 PM
Education industry being the third largest Australian export after iron ore, and valued at forty billion, (2020 figures), has a Chinese hand squeezing its testicles.

It's also the ripest back door method for perminant residency, and ultimately Au citizenship. In other words an approved government scam.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 9 June 2020 7:14:38 AM
Once Mr & Mrs Average Australian shed some of their Money-hungryness, our politicians will be able to achieve more acceptable to all !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 9 June 2020 7:15:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy