The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The robo-debt pile-on > Comments

The robo-debt pile-on : Comments

By Brendan O'Reilly, published 5/6/2020

The elephant-in-the-room is the vast number of identified Centrelink overpayments that are real but may now never be repaid.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
I'm waiting with bated breath for the class action to start and ministers of the crown standing in the dock giving sworn, who knew what and when and whose decisions were the actuators/who is responsible?

I suspect a lot of brown stuff will hit the fan between now and then

As for public housing being the greatest ripoff?

As someone who built some, take extreme umbrage at that remark and the extreme ignorance and possible vested interest as a price-gouging, jack up the rents, landlord, that may have produced that garbage response?

Yes Hasbeen, I get that around 100,000 new public houses in new estates, would force rents lower as will our closed borders! And the real reason for your, shock and horror, disingenuous outburst.

I prefer to think of public housing as a win/win for the taxpayer who is left with an income-producing investment and a very large and valuable asset! A source of ongoing reliable employment for the entire gamut of the building trades for at least half a decade.

And produce a numerous range of manufactured building products that keeps many manufacturers and their staff, gainfully employed and paying tax! And massively supporting the domestic economy with their improved discretionary spending power!

Nothing like a lot of visible work all over the joint along with excellent half-term profit graphs! To inspire confidence and increase private investment in almost anything other than traditional bricks and mortar

And no bad thing!
Alan B
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 7 June 2020 10:34:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I prefer to think of public housing as a win/win for the taxpayer
Alan B,
A win for the taxpayer would be if top bureaucrats' taxes were used alas, it's merely a handful of the blue collar taxpayer's relations who might get a tiny slice of that huge cake that mainly pretend refugees get to enjoy & the bureaucrats still get to enjoy huge benefits for very little effort !
Until such time that we get a Govt with real gonads that stipulates a Flat Tax, nothing will significantly change !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 7 June 2020 12:51:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual

You state "you may have noticed that I used your term 'wrought' which I assume you meant to be 'rort" !"

My response - And that's your "only" contribution to this article?
Posted by SAINTS, Friday, 12 June 2020 9:55:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy