The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > So everybody should just stay poor, George? > Comments

So everybody should just stay poor, George? : Comments

By Eric Claus, published 29/5/2020

So George has identified the criminals in the global warming crime, the rich (that's us), and the innocent, the poor (largely black and brown people). He identifies us as racist too.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Please free to debate me your issues of "colour"!
SAINTS,
My worst experiences re connivery, criminal behaviour, uncivilised mentality have thus far been with white Australians (many, mostly Bureaucrats), African American (1), mixed race Aust indigenous (5).
All of them from more privileged employment & social background than I.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 30 May 2020 6:02:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr Opinion

I sill don't get your comment?
Posted by SAINTS, Saturday, 30 May 2020 6:35:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So sorry

I now refer to Mr Individual - and not Mr Opinion (apologies)

Mr Individual - would you like to discuss further your comment.

I welcome a "chat".
Posted by SAINTS, Saturday, 30 May 2020 6:38:24 PM
Mr Individual

Don't hide behind your previous comment - please chat.

Your thoughts and issues may be brought to light now and in this forum, this is a chance for you to speak.

We are all friends here - so please join us for a "friendly" chat - we are listening.

Due to the fact that I am only allowed 4 post per article. If I don't respond to you tonight ….. I will certainly respond to you tomorrow.
Posted by SAINTS, Saturday, 30 May 2020 6:48:33 PM
Don't hide behind your previous comment - please chat.
SAINTS,
What do you mean by hide ? What is in my post that you find needs further explanation ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 30 May 2020 9:23:37 PM
George Monbiot implies that people from rich countries who suggest that population growth has a role to play in reducing global environmental degradation:
1) Don't really want to reduce their own population growth in rich countries or reduce their own impacts on the world's environment. A) Nothing like this ever gets said in the movie and B) Environmental groups that favour population stabilisation such as the Sustainable Australia Party are trying to get their own rich country governments to reduce population growth

George also implies:
2) There is no sense in asking poorer countries to reduce their population growth because they don’t have much impact on the planet’s environment. – This just isn’t true. The upper middle income countries are already producing more greenhouse gases than the high income countries. The word limit guideline on Online Opinion articles prevented me from detailing how these countries are also making other kinds of environmental impacts. For example, most of the plastic waste that ends up in the world’s oceans comes from “poor” countries.
Posted by ericc, Saturday, 30 May 2020 11:36:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy