The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia’s beef with China > Comments

Australia’s beef with China : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 29/5/2020

Outside Australia’s doorstep, there are additional concerns about China’s growing political clout in Papua New Guinea and other Pacific islands like Vanuatu, where there is fear and speculation China may build a military base.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Mr opinion you wrote -

"There are two Andrews running around at the moment who seem to think we should SIGN UP with the bully, not STAND UP to the bully.

It's a Chinese future for us so you better start getting used to the idea.'

Response - Therefore we should NOT sign up to the bully of any Nation that is not in the interest of our National Security .

Would you like to discuss?
Posted by SAINTS, Saturday, 30 May 2020 4:41:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SAINTS,

I'll debate with you:

1. I agree that we should not sign up with any bully;

2. I agree that we should not sign up to anything that jeopardises our national security.

3. China is a bully; Tibet, HK, annexation of South China Sea, threatening Taiwan with invasion.

4. The US has said it would disengage Australia from its inner circle of allies if Victoria signs up to China's BRI.

5. This places Scott Morrison in a real bind, caught between the devil and deep blue sea. Australia has no option to choose between an all-for-America or an all-for-China policy.

Over to you il mio amico. Which road to follow?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 30 May 2020 6:11:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An admirable piece which hits many important points.
It's so hard to know the best way forward at present. America is in turmoil, Virus has weakened many potential allies, and China has infiltrated many of our neighbours.

But will our leaders listen and act to limit China's power? Parliament is having a more extended rest break than usual, and our leaders are understandably wrestling with the virus that started in China.
But some MPs are alarmed:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335313978_BEWARE_OF_THE_CHINESE_DRAGON
Posted by Waverley, Sunday, 31 May 2020 1:14:51 PM
Waverley,

Do you think Daniel Andrews is just joking about signing up to China's belt and Road Initiative, especially with the US saying that it will cut Australia off from its inner circle of allies if he does.

It's a joke isn't it. Right at the last minute Daniel Andrews is going to turn around and do a Ricky Gervasi on us: "April fool! Got yaaa .... you little bastards! You thought I was actually going to sign up the China's BRI didn't you? You little F____rs you!"

I mean it really is just a joke isn't it? Daniel Andrews is really just kidding isn't he?

I know he would make LOUDmouth and the pro-China camp happy if he did but it really is just a joke isn't it.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 31 May 2020 1:30:26 PM
Mr Opinion

1. I agree
2. I agree
3. I agree
4. No way - will US will lose ties with Australia over China.

I don't know how old you are - but Australia and US alliance will definitely beat ANY China bullying.
Posted by SAINTS, Thursday, 4 June 2020 4:34:05 AM
Waverley

Just chill for a while.
Posted by SAINTS, Thursday, 4 June 2020 4:40:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy