The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Sisters Inside: The power of standing on your own two feet > Comments

Sisters Inside: The power of standing on your own two feet : Comments

By Debbie Kilroy and Kris Olsson, published 25/3/2004

Debbie Kilroy and Kris Olsson describe the foundations of Sisters Inside

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
This country was founded on the development of a prison system devised for imprisoning the innocent of what was essentially a class war in England. Prison is still seen as a cure all, a place to lock up those who society has abandoned. This speaks to a deep psychological problem in this country where everything seems better once it is swept under a carpet of lies and more lies about ourselves, about those we want to disown and those we despise for no good reason at all This 'disremembering' is a unresolved feature of white Australian consciousness about themselves, the system of law and governance.
Debbie Kilroy and Kris Olsson speak to this disremembering of Australian history (past and present) in a political climate where blatant lies are not only acceptable after the fact, but are now sort after and believed even when they are being told.
Posted by Rainier, Friday, 15 April 2005 12:48:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I find the opening line amazing. Just amazing.
"On January 7, 1990, Australia’s only murder inside a women’s prison occurred at Brisbane Women’s Correctional Centre at Boggo Road."
Amazing! Just amazing. What a brilliant opening line.
That is absolutely amazing since all the murders they have committed outside prison.
A good book Kris Olssen would be how do women get away with murder outside prison.
Posted by GlenWriter, Saturday, 4 February 2006 12:45:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A couple years ago i served time at the Brisbane Womens Correctional Centre, where Storm Brooke is an inmate.She does seem like one tough cookie but seems to have made good frinds in there considering the event in 1990.
Posted by TRU, Wednesday, 8 February 2006 4:25:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Storm made a mistake many, many years ago. She has over paid her dues. I personally met Storm and found her to be a kind gentle and very helpful person. She has a possitive attitude and was an inspiration to me. Storm's advice made me take a good hard look at myself and make the changes i needed to turn my life around. If there were more people like the Storm i met, the world would be a better more tollerant place. Give her a break, it's time she was out, spreading her possitive energy and wisdom in society. It's time people stopped living in the past and started looking into the future.
Posted by zebra, Monday, 18 September 2006 2:06:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy